Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro stops working - Recognised on Mac but no sound

Wow, someone at Avid finally knows what the problem is! That's great... now, just gotta dig up my RMA...

Interestingly enough, it probably could be fixed by a software update. The early drivers would get the sound to go once you played something through the unit, but the spkr light would flash until that point.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 AM

I think I have spoken in a lot of haste on this forum. The latest driver page mentions that the device takes 10-15 seconds to boot. Since I started waiting about 20 seconds from the time the MBox Pro is on until I turn on my computer, it has been functioning as expected, no more needing to reset the clock source.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscheidt View Post
I think I have spoken in a lot of haste on this forum. The latest driver page mentions that the device takes 10-15 seconds to boot. Since I started waiting about 20 seconds from the time the MBox Pro is on until I turn on my computer, it has been functioning as expected, no more needing to reset the clock source.
very interesting. will be sure to try
Old 11-18-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscheidt View Post
Been having a similar issue with my iMac 2013 w/ Fusion Drive. The audio keeps cutting out randomly, but Mbox is still recognized, a clock source toggle to from and to "internal" helps but only for a very short time.

Tried this, and didn't solve a thing for me, perhaps what I'm going through is different as this has only starting happening since the Mavericks driver was released and I upgraded.
2 Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitors
Old 11-29-2013, 08:44 AM

I've been having issues since i prematurely upgraded to 10.9. No out-put. When the drivers came out still the same issue. I've completely reinstalled EVERYTHING and still NOTHING!

I can't but help notice that the main issues that i see on the FORUMs are with iMacs. My setup is a late 2009 running OSX 10.9, Pro Tools 11.0.3, and Mbox 3 (standard) drivers 1.2.

I spent 1.5 hrs with tech support, waiting for the Tier 3 to call me back to see whats next.....
Old 01-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
Hi all,

I did lots of searching before posting, so if I did miss something then I apologise for the re-post. I'm going to make this as detailed as I can!

Yesterday, everything was working perfectly and I was using the 1.1.5 Mbox Pro drivers. Today, my Mbox Pro has stopped working. It powers up enough to get the blue LED light showing it has power and the green speaker LED, but doesn't have any other LEDs light up (usually the gain LEDs go up and down on start-up). It seems that the 48v, mute, and mono buttons also don't work even when pressed.

My iMac, running Mountain Lion 10.8.4, recognises the input/output of the Mbox and switches to it, but at this point no sound works. iTunes doesn't play at all - it doesn't even allow the track to play, no sound from Safari, and when I open Pro Tools 10.3.6 I get the following message:

"Problem detected with audio clock. check that your clock source and sample rate are correct."

I've done multiple restarts of the iMac and the Mbox Pro but still nothing. When I turn off the Mbox Pro usually the iMac will recognise that it's turned off and it will take it out of the list, but now for some reason it doesn't do that, and Mbox Pro is still an available option even when it is turned off.

(I know Mbox Pro isn't selected in this screenshot but it was when I was trying to use it!)

I also have the message "Hardware not connected | Not Streaming" in the application driver for it. I thought it could be a driver issue so I upgraded to 1.2.0 and still have this message.

Just in case it's small on the board...

If everything else was working and it was just the issue with the clock message in Pro Tools then I would assume that was the core of the issue, but as it's not working at all for anything I'm not sure. But that being said, I'm not great with hardware... Hence coming here for some advice!

If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know! If any more information is needed then let me know and I'll happily post it.

Many thanks in advance!

Edit (More info): After having a look through some things I've noticed that in the 'About' section, Firmware shows as "NOT_SET" which to me sounds bad, although I have no idea. Thought it might help...

Edit2: I've noticed that I only get system sounds (such as email swoosh, screenshot sound) when I switch the output off of internal speakers and then back, instead of at the time that the system sound should be. *This only happens once I turn on the Mbox Pro and have it in the list of outputs in system preferences. I have no idea what that has to do with this, but I'm just getting more and more confused.

YEAH, had same issue as well !

How to fix it ????

This:

Open MBox Pro Control Panel - Setup -Change Clock Source from "Internal" to "SPDIF" to "Word Clock", then back to "Internal". Once "Internal" is selected back you will hear a slight pop from your monitors in which all audio will be restored IF this does not work than DO the same thing on your PROTOOL as well !

Hopefully HELP YOU OUT ON THIS !