Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 09:01 PM

Default Why Bounce to disk happens in real time?

Hello.

The Bounce to disk command had never bothered me until now that I'm making radio productions that last one hour every one. I can't admit loosing one hour of my time waiting for the mixdown of a radio program to be done. I don't understand why we can't just mixdown to file or to track just as Cakewalk and even CoolEdit users can. In those programs you can make a bounce or mixdown of several minutes in just seconds of processing. Maybe some people will say that bouncing in real time assures that the bounced track has the best quality, but I think we should have the freedom to choose wich bouncing method is better for our needs. Do you think this will be corrected in future versions of PT?

Ed.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Why Bounce to disk happens in real time?

Bounce to Disk happens in real time not only to ensure the best quality but because of the fact that you have real time effects available as well as external effects too. e.g.: You could hook up a reverb unit or whatever and that certainly can't be used faster than real time.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:33 PM

I agree with AudioMedios that non-realtime can be useful sometimes. I hope the option to choose between online and offline bouncing will be added by digidesign some day. Logic also gives you this option.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:56 AM

good point ssrjazz - It would however be nice to have the option for some of us gearless dudes.

cheers