Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Mac not showing HD native as input device

Sure soon as I get back to my studio I will be sure to update it for you..:).

Litehousemuzik
Audio Mixing Services
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7282 View Post
Sure soon as I get back to my studio I will be sure to update it for you..:).
Also it would be nice to know what HD driver version your using.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Sure but in this case I don't seem to have this issue.... I was attempting to help you....

Litehousemuzik
Audio Mixing Services
Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7282 View Post
Sure but in this case I don't seem to have this issue.... I was attempting to help you....
Are you on PTHD 11.1.2 and are you using the 11.1.2 HD driver?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM

Actually being the one that started the thread Perhaps I should clarify so there is no confusion

I use an Mac Pro Westmere 3,33GHz 24 GB RAM...
I use an Avid OMNI with PTHDN cards
I am Running OSX Maverics 10.9
I installed both the PTHD 11.1.0 update and the HD driver update 11.1.0 and everything was actually working, I even recorded some vocal . So I assume ( but did not actually check) that At that time the "Input" in OSX System Preferences > Sound was set to HD Native.

Then then while trying to do a Quicktime Screen Recording I set the "input" in OSX System Preferences > Sound to "Display Audio" so as to just record from the display mic .

NOW there is no longer an HD Native option in OSX System Preferences > Sound > "Input" tab

In the "Output' tap HD Native is there and is selected and plays back an audio already in a session. but NOW I cannot input any audio into a session as the interface is not selectable.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 PM

Sorry I'm lost, and this is unlikely to help, but for my own sanity... you are trying to use the display mic as input through HDN? (or are you tying to use a Mic connected to the HDN interface?)

If the earlier, you normally would (forego the actual HDN card and) set the playback engine to Aggregate IO and configure the Mic as an input there, and in which case all the previous discussion about HDN drivers is irrelevant. What am I missing?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Sorry I'm lost, and this is unlikely to help, but for my own sanity... you are trying to use the display mic as input through HDN? (or are you tying to use a Mic connected to the HDN interface?)

If the earlier, you normally would (forego the actual HDN card and) set the playback engine to Aggregate IO and configure the Mic as an input there, and in which case all the previous discussion about HDN drivers is irrelevant. What am I missing?
Sorry for the confusion. Yes and No.

I had a PT session up and running. Which was both recording and playing back fine.

So the issue I am posting about is in fact different then some of the others in this thread in that it sounds like they did not have the HD Native option in OSX System Preferences > Sound > INPUT from the get go.

I am assuming I did, in fact have it as an option ( although I did not actually go into OSX system prefs. to check). Because I was able to make a voice over recording in the PT session using my normal Mic > Pre amp > OMNI interface > PtHDN which Now I can no longer do.

In fact what I did first was then was make a a Quick Time Screen Recording of the PT session with some edit moves No sound ( which worked fine) Then import The QT movie into PT which worked fine then redo the voice over tack in PT to match the The moves showing on the OT vid all worked great. I then Bounced as a QT movie w/ Audio out of PT and that appeared to work as the Bounced Movie showed up on my desk top all normal BUT ??????
when clicking on the movie it would open but was completely black and would not play.

After redoing it several times I gave up that route and I then decided to try to to make the quick time movie "screen recording" of the pro tools session, using the Display Audio as opposed the voice over track in the session

So in the input selection box of the QT movie transport ( not the OSX System preferences) , I deselected the HD Native and selected the "Display audio" as the the input. But I
did not change anything else in PT or in OSX system preferences.

So the PT session was open on the display screen being captured in the QT Movie Screen Recording, while I made some edit moves and I was doing an audio voice over "using the display mic ' explaining what edits I was doing etc. Which recorded fine and only into the the QT movie not the PT session itself.

After some minutes I happened to hit the space bar and the PT session started to play out of the speakers connected to the OMNI as it would in any session
BUT then everything stopped the spinning color wheel of death popped up and So i closed the session and the movie

and now there is no HD Native selection available in OSX System Preferences input .......so of course now I can get no input into PT via the the HDN interface.

Hope this is a bit clearer

My guess is I have somehow corrupted the HD drivers. BUT uninstalling and reinstalling the 11.1.1 Drivers has not worked as I still get no HD Native selection option in System Preferences > Sound > "INPUT" in the "OUTPUT" tab yes in input NO

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-25-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:39 AM

Can anyone confirm that HD Native should be showing as a selection option in the MAC OSX 10.9 System Preferences > Sound > Input tab

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-26-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Can anyone confirm that HD Native should be showing as a selection option in the MAC OSX 10.9 System Preferences > Sound > Input tab
I had it working with HD drivers versions 11.0.2 and 11.0.3 on mavericks 10.9.1. I have and image of 10.8.4 and 10.9.1 and its the same issue on both with HD drivers 11.1.0 and up.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I had it working with HD drivers versions 11.0.2 and 11.0.3 on mavericks 10.9.1. I have and image of 10.8.4 and 10.9.1 and its the same issue on both with HD drivers 11.1.0 and up.
So I am not clear, the answer is then YES.... HD Native Should be sowing in the "Input" selection options In OSX System Preferences > Sound > Input ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...