Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 11-05-2019, 04:39 PM

Default AAE-9173 error since updating protools

Hi. I've been using protools for a few years now and until recently was using PT11.3. on OSX 11. I have a late 2015 5k Retina 27 inch iMac which is top spec - Intel core i7 4 GHz with 32 gig of ram. I rarely had any issues with CPU. I have recently updated my OS to Mojave and upgraded to PT 2019.10 and I am now plagued with CPU issues - the most frequent being AAE-9173. This is with a buffer size of 1024 samples running sessions that I used to run (often with a lower buffer size) with no issue!!

I have looked on this forum and others and have tried disabling Dynamic Plug-in Processing. The only other suggestion seems to be disabling tailspind and spindump but this seems to me an unsatisfactory answer and I don't know anywhere near enough about what I am doing to want to make changes of this kind. Surely updating to PT 2019 (which has been signed off as compatible with Mojave) should not cause this problem!

If there is something I am missing here about PT 2019 I would be really grateful if someone could help. I am trying to finish a mix on an album that I started in PT 11and it is proving almost impossible because of this issue!

Many thanks in advance
Old 11-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 error since updating protools

What hard drives do you have in the mac and what drive are you recording to? Make and model and type of drive? aka SSD or Spinner or Fusion drive?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-06-2019, 12:21 AM

Hi. The iMac has an SSD drive (500 gig) and I write m y PT sessions to a LaCie Rugged 2TB Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch drive using Thunderbolt. This is the same drive I have always written to with no significant CPU issues previously
Old 11-07-2019, 02:59 AM

Any thoughts? Is there really nothing I can do about this?
Old 11-07-2019, 03:30 AM

Hey

Have you done all the optimizations on the computer and followed them to a tee?

Those 9173 errors are pesky and many have them. Even on our super exppensive Mac Pros with 12core trashcans and 64 GB ram with the fastest SSD’s money can buy we get them once in a while. We do produce and write in Live10 Suite w/push2 and mix and do all the audiowork in PT Ultimate so it is really hard to track down that error. Been with PT for many many years. Turning off Hyperthreading hss helped many members so thats one idea to try.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-07-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey

Have you done all the optimizations on the computer and followed them to a tee?

Those 9173 errors are pesky and many have them. Even on our super exppensive Mac Pros with 12core trashcans and 64 GB ram with the fastest SSD’s money can buy we get them once in a while. We do produce and write in Live10 Suite w/push2 and mix and do all the audiowork in PT Ultimate so it is really hard to track down that error. Been with PT for many many years. Turning off Hyperthreading hss helped many members so thats one idea to try.
Hi. What optimisations? I don't have anything else running while working in PT (I have even forgone using Sonarworks systemwide which I used to run with no issue on previous set up) How do you turn off Hyperthreading?