How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2019, 03:41 AM

Default Pro Tools is very Good BUT

after years and years of the same issues Im pretty much moving to Ableton. Im not saying that Ableton is better - although there are features that definitely are better - its just that I fundamentally don't like the PT business model and that combined with these never ending AAE issues is enough right now. I have been using Ableton for months now and I just don't get these continual AAE errors about CPU spikes etc or crashes. PT help was useless - just get more RAM i was told. The Forum help was very good and detailed. - Plug ins are the problem it seems. Either way it doesn't happen in Ableton. Other strange things would happen like PT not opening properly and I often need to re load the Interface under hardware engine to prevent nasty digital distortion. But what i really hate is the subscription based business model. i don't want to pay for upgrades before I even get to see them. It maybe that PT is not interested in people like me (Amateurs) and the whole thing is more geared to pro studios who are fine with the subscription and upgrades that are more about bigger and bigger. Dunno. Avid certainly aren't the only company that do this. What i will say though is that forums like this are excellent. I work in a business that spends Hundreds of thousands on engineering software. A lot of these guys have no bug register or forums at all. So there it is.