Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 AM

Default 24fps to 25fps audio first ?

I have a project i've just been given, it's a 2hr feature that needs some sound work. It's been done so far by the director/editor and he's passed me the .mov and an aaf with linked audio, 48 tracks of audio grouped into location, foley, fx, atmos, and music.

Problem is it was filmed at 24fps and they want to do a UK DVD/Blu-Ray release so want it in 25fps, he's never done the conversion before and wants to know the best way.

He will be grading it while I edit the sound, should we both work at 24fps then combine and covert and just let it pitch up ? or do a pull up on the PT project before bouncing? or convert the video and re-conform the audio somehow ? (there's nearly 2k audio files in the aaf)

I've always worked at 25fps (and so has he since) so any advice/tips welcome
:)