Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 AM

Default Pro Tools version

I am working on a project that was recorded on older version of Pro Tools, and I get that message when opening it, as well as all of the output and bus warnings.

Is there a way to tell which version of Pro Tools it was last saved on?

Also, the outputs and buses are all wacked from the originating session, and MY outputs and buses are not appearing in the drop down menu. Any way to get mine to appear in that menu?

Media Man
Old 01-31-2019, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools version

Tough to say what version they were done on, but the file extension might narrow it down a bit(.pts, .ptf or .ptx). If you are able to get the session(s) to actually open, the IO problem isn't too bad to deal with(but you will need to repeat for each session and Save As(update the name) so they open with your IO in the future. To fix the IO, open a session and do to Setup>IO and click the Bus tab. Select and delete all the paths, then hit the DEFAULT button(or IMPORT your settings). Then click the INPUT tab and do the same, and then the Output tab and repeat. The idea is to remove all paths that don't match your system and then Save As and name it as you see fit.

If you still have issues, let us know what version of PT that you are running, and check those file extensions on the PT session icon(not the folder)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave