Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Default Trying to re-install PT LE 7.3 but it fails

Hello everybody.

My Pro Tools LE installation was giving me problems so I decided to uninstall it and then re-install it, hoping by doing so, the problems I was experiencing would go away.

I did a "clean" uninstall using the "uninstall Pro Tools" utility that is included in PT LE. Then did a system restart.

Inserted my Pro Tools LE 7.3 installation disc and ran the installer. The installation started out fine but only went so far then up popped a bunch of error messages.

One message read "The system extension DigiIO.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used".

Another error message said the same thing about DigiDal.kext.

A final message was displayed which said "Install Failed - The installer could not write the receipt for DigiRack Plug-Ins"

What am I doing wrong?

The installer ran flawlessly at one point in time - when I first got PT - Why does it not run now?

My setup is - 24" iMac with OSX 10.5.8
- MBox2 mini
- Pro Tools LE 7.3

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Trying to re-install PT LE 7.3 but it fails

When I read your comments my initial thought was 'does PTLE7.3 run in OSX 10.5.8?', but then you've evidently been using this set-up previously, so it must!

I'm not a big fan of mucking about with PT installations. Whenever I want to install a new version of PT (as rarely as possible), I wipe the Mac's hard drive completely and start from scratch.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Pro Tools Software versions below 7.4.2 are not compatible with Leopard
That's what Avid says.
Curious, because I believe even just 7.4 won't work on Leopard.

Could it be you installed on Tiger and updated to Leopard and it was working. But now your trying to install on leopard
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM

My iMac came with MacOSX 10.5.x (Leopard) already installed on it. I did not upgrade the OS from 10.4.x.

Mark Ponsford
Old 03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Are you positive that you did not have Pro Tools LE 8 on your system before?

Your product registration shows you are registered for Pro Tools LE 8, and your Avid account for your email address shows that you downloaded this from your Avid account at http://account.avid.com on SEP/17/2010:
Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Full Installer (Mac OS 10.5/10.6 for Intel) does not support original Mbox or PowerPC
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM

Yes, this is true. I did upgrade PT LE 7.3.1 (which I received with my MBox2 mini) to PT LE 8.0.3 which I downloaded from Avid. However, I did actually start out by installing Pro Tools using the discs that came with my MBox. They did install at one time. I did this about three years ago.

So what your saying is that I should forget about installing 7.3.1 and then upgrading to 8.0.3 and just install 8.0.3 out right?

Can I download the 8.0.3 installer from Avid again? I don't think I have it anymore.

Mark Ponsford