Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2020, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Studio Security Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I do have other means of defending myself & property that I really don't want to talk about other than to say the wife & I are NRA Life members and we'll leave it at that.

If you do want to get a firearm get lessons in how to handle the gun. They'll also teach you things on when to shoot or not shoot. The classes are worth it and may even be mandatory in California. Look at it this way - if a robber is coming at you with deadly intent (or any intent at all) you'd be better off having a weapon with you than wishing you had it while waiting for the police who will NOT show up in a timely manner. You don't necessarily need to use deadly force as something like mace/pepper spray and/or a TASER will do the job.

Insurance is going to be cheaper than having to replace your gear. Think of it this way: you do pay $30/year for iLook ZDT right? You also make regular clone backups of your system right? Those are cheap insurances for when things go wrong to get you back working.
Right. I have a carry license. Honestly, my experience is that placing the stuff where it is really inconvenient to steal is one of the better strategies, to whatever extent it is practical for you.

MD
Old 01-20-2024, 03:32 AM

Prioritize studio security as an integral part of your creative space. Implementing robust measures, from access control to data protection, ensures a safe and focused environment. Strengthening security not only safeguards your equipment but also nurtures a sense of trust, allowing creativity to flourish without distractions or worries.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:44 AM

Nice necro posting

QAPLA!