Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 01-20-2018, 11:13 PM

Default C/24 record button not always engaging

Title says it. Earlier tonight it started to happen while doing vocal punch ins. Hitting the record button would not engage punch in recording. If I hit the button harder PT would punch in but then immediately punch itself out. The edit screen would just have a tiny slice of pink in the audio region from this action. I was forced to use the dreaded mouse. So I am wondering if I should clean the button or just maybe see if I can get a new transport section from Avid. Or both?

Anyone else have had this issue? I do a lot of recording so that button got used a tonne and still does, well maybe less now

www.sugarhillstudios713.com

Last edited by s.d. finley; 01-21-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:46 AM

Default Re: C/24 record button not always engaging

Certainly sounds like a failing switch If your keyboard is close by, you can punch in with F12 or the "3" on the numeric keypad. Or plug a momentary N.O.(normally open) footswitch to the back of the C24

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-22-2018, 09:01 PM

Default Re: C/24 record button not always engaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Certainly sounds like a failing switch If your keyboard is close by, you can punch in with F12 or the "3" on the numeric keypad. Or plug a momentary N.O.(normally open) footswitch to the back of the C24
Great suggestions. Keyboard, I have the Apple bluetooth keyboard with no numeric keypad and I have to hold the effen FN button on the keyboard to use the F keys I forgot about the footswitch, interesting I might have to try that or get another keyboard!

Although I noticed tonight if I don't apply as much pressure the record button works fairly well. I am sure its still failing though.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com