Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Default 8.03cs2 is killing me.

I will be working along with 5 VI tracks and 1 audio track. Structure, Strike, Velvet, and I suddenly get this endless cycle of -9019 and -9013 errors. The only non-Avid thing I have is FM8 that I am using only for the effects, but I get the same errors if I am not using it. This will happen randomly once every 2 or 3 days. Once it starts even after a reboot it keeps happening for awhile.
Everything was working fine with 8.01, but ever since 8.03cs2 and the VI upgrade I have been having this problem.
I have done all the usual trouble shooting things.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 8.03cs2 is killing me.

Have you tried even to maintain the os itself? Onyx can help you.
And the usual n-1 processor setting.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:49 AM

I am set at 15 processors.

I slowly built up an all MIDI session to see where it might crash. I had 3 Structures working and added Strike where it crashed with the wheel and then the cycle of -9019, -9031 errors. I was eventually able to save and close PT, then restart PT, and the same session with Strike added, worked fine.
The CPU load is showing 14%.
It seems that once a session is set and I am only mixing everything works all day, but when I start MIDI editing or playing with the VI plugins it crashes.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeLoop View Post
I will be working along with 5 VI tracks and 1 audio track. Structure, Strike, Velvet, and I suddenly get this endless cycle of -9019 and -9013 errors. The only non-Avid thing I have is FM8 that I am using only for the effects, but I get the same errors if I am not using it. This will happen randomly once every 2 or 3 days. Once it starts even after a reboot it keeps happening for awhile.
Everything was working fine with 8.01, but ever since 8.03cs2 and the VI upgrade I have been having this problem.
I have done all the usual trouble shooting things.
Do the research and make absolutely sure ALL plugins are compatible versions. It does NOT matter if you are using them in the session or not.. If a non-compatible version is in the Plugins folder it gets loaded when PT starts.

You can use the process of elimination method to find out the problematic plug.. just move plugins to the un-used folder one at a time to see if it improves stability..
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Avid

Flommer is right on this one - I would add, though, that you should trash preferences and restart after removing or adding plug-ins, so that all plug-in data can be recached.

The General Troubleshooting thread has more info on why plug-in compatibility is so important.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Do the research and make absolutely sure ALL plugins are compatible versions. It does NOT matter if you are using them in the session or not.. If a non-compatible version is in the Plugins folder it gets loaded when PT starts.
You can use the process of elimination method to find out the problematic plug.. just move plugins to the un-used folder one at a time to see if it improves stability..
I am finishing a project where I am using FM8 for effects so I can't experiment right now. FM8 is the only non-Avid thing that I have so maybe that is the culprit. I have the newest version of FM8 from about a year ago.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeLoop View Post
I am finishing a project where I am using FM8 for effects so I can't experiment right now. FM8 is the only non-Avid thing that I have so maybe that is the culprit. I have the newest version of FM8 from about a year ago.
I'm talking about ALL plugins.. Digi ones included.

Just because you have "the newest version of FM8 from about a year ago" does not mean it is the correct one. That's why I said to do the research and be certain...
Old 05-04-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Just because you have "the newest version of FM8 from about a year ago" does not mean it is the correct one. That's why I said to do the research and be certain...
I didn't explain that very well. I have done the research. The latest version of FM8 is 1.0.4 and that came out about a year ago. There have been no new updates since then.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM

I have removed FM8 from the Plugins folder, Trashed Prefs, Deleted the Database folder, Repaired Permissions, Rebooted a few times, and spent a day working with ProTools.
I am not having any problems at this time. I can even do a close session and quickly open a new one without crashing like it would do before.
It looks like FM8 was my problem, but what happens now? Does Avid call Native Instruments and tell them to get it together? NI is advertising compatibility with PT 8.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM

FM8 is working just fine with the current version cs2 here on my 2008 8 Core Mac Pro.

Make sure you have the latest version of FM8 of course!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01