Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 2019.5 Ultimate on Mac not seeing iLok license (and other possible problems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Jeffro got me up and run-in this morning - seems the "release limit" was set incorrectly at Avid's end. iLok still shows plugin bundle in red (which I've told him) but 2019.5 now opens. Guy should be given a seat on the board!

Pete
Thanks for the update and that they sorted that out

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-13-2019, 06:48 AM

Default Re: 2019.5 Ultimate on Mac not seeing iLok license (and other possible problems)

I love iLok so very much...

Jeffro got me up and running on my main machine then suggested I should Synchronize all my iLoks - sounded reasonable and it's now been sitting there for 4 hours saying "operation in progress Do not unplug your iLok(s)". 278 licenses on one of them, 94 on on the other one that's plugged in. If it trashes anything I will not be pleased. (This is in no way a criticism of the advice, that was sound and I would've done it anyway when it eventually occurred to me).

Pete
Old 05-13-2019, 09:26 AM

WOW 4 hrs

Usually takes around 30-40 seconds (350+ licenses) so something is wrong with that sync ...

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-13-2019, 09:42 AM

Yup, something Very wrong with it, 7 hours now. Sooner or later I will have to reboot or turn the computer off! I've emailed iLok support.

Pete
Old 05-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Avid

Ugh, so sorry Pete! Please update your support case with details if you experience any problem with your licenses after restarting.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:39 PM

Same thing is happening to me and I have a perpetual license
Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 PM

Some comments about the iLok ILM "Software Component Unavailable" error mentioned earlier in this threat, that was happening to me and I think Peter when installing 2019.5. Just in case it helps others who see the error.

This does not actually seem to cause any problems, ILM appears to restart fine and Pro Tools and iLok licensing works. Unlike what the error message says, you don't need to reboot the computer, and doing so seems to make no difference.

The error pops up from ILM during the Pro Tools install or when you close the ILM app after the install. I did some checking and I get this any time I install Pro Tools 2019.5 and 2018.10. For all I know it may happen with all versions of Pro Tools, I'd just never noticed until installing 2019.5 a few days ago.

You don't need the ILM logged into your iLok account, you don't need a iLok connected, all it seems that cause the error is to have ILM running. In my case MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.4 and latest ILM 5.0.3 GM (b2559, r44013).

This seems a fairly generic error I know iLok support talks about that error message possibly occurring on Windows (I have no idea when), I've never seen it before on a Mac.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 11.34.49 PM.jpg (39.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2019, 03:09 PM

And I also reproduced the other "Failed Install: ...Communication Error" message in Avid Link. See screenshot below.

That one occurs for me if installing 2019.5 from Avid Link. Avid Link seems to restart multiple times after seeing this error. I'm not sure if it is crashing or deliberately restarting. eventually it settles down and works OK. Pro Tools itself

This happens regardless of wether the ILM app is running. Who knows if there is a common underlying cause there or not. Most people seem to be installing Avid Link automatically with Pro Tools 2019.5 not installing 2019.5 after having installed Avid Link so may never see this. Hopefully Avid will fix this before the next update that might have lots of people trying to use Avid Link to update stuff and seeing "Failed install" errors.

I'm using the Avid Link version that shipped with 2019.5, and again Mojave 10.14.4. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avid Link from it's stand-alone installer before installing Pro Tools 2019.5 from it and got this error each time.

I wanted to give Avid Link a chance after giving up previously on Avid Application Manager. Unfortunately Avid Link seems pretty buggy and has some clear poor design and implementation decisions showing. I certainly appreciate Avid moving fast to close the email address privacy hole in Avid Link on the first day of release. There are several other (non-privacy) issues I've noticed that I'll share later. I expect I'll be removing Link from my computer, it has just too many issues.

(and yes these errors have been escalated to Avid).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 2.21.22 PM.jpg (27.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-19-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
I've got a valid perpetual license for Ultimate and an active support plan (expires 30/12/2019). When I fire up 2019.5 it doesn't find/use this license - thankfully kept 2018.12 on my system and that opens fine. If I look in iLok Manager it warns that the Complete plugin bundle needs refreshing soon (expiry December!). If I look in Avid Link it seems to think I have 4 Pro Tools licenses, I don't, I only have 3 - I do have an inactive Demo license in my iLok account, never been used. Tried deactivating the plugin bundle and ultimate and reactivating, no difference, tried a Synchronize, no difference.

Pete

Same Here
Old 05-19-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfeldman View Post
Same Here
For fastest help you should probably open a licensing/activation support request. Post the case number here.