Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 PM

Default Pro Tools 11/ License Recognition Problems (iLok)

I've recently purchased Pro Tools 11. After following the limited installation instructions that came with the authorization package, I successfully created an iLok account, avid account, and registered the product. I also successfully downloaded Pro Tools 11 from the 'my products' folder of my personal avid account.

When I went to launch Pro Tools 11 it requested that I authorize the license on the iLok. The iLok did not have a license on it. I tried to search back through all of the mess of codes and serial numbers I had mess with along the way to see if I missed a step but I didn't. The iLok ID even matched up with the one that was in avid's notification email to me. So what happened?

I tried calling avid support over the past 3 days, but my call never gets answered. Please Help
Old 07-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11/ License Recognition Problems (iLok)

From what you say, it seems you have not transferred your license from the iLok account to your iLok key.
You have to install iLok licence manager on your computer, connect your iLok to a free usb port and start up the ilok licence manager. There you will see an option to register the ilok to your account. After that, you can transfer all available licenses in your account to your ilok.
It might seem a little complicated seeing this long winded explanation but its actually pretty simple.
Once you have the licence on the iLok, you can pretty much use protools on any computer as long as the ilok is connected to that.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilmulay View Post
From what you say, it seems you have not transferred your license from the iLok account to your iLok key.
You have to install iLok licence manager on your computer, connect your iLok to a free usb port and start up the ilok licence manager. There you will see an option to register the ilok to your account. After that, you can transfer all available licenses in your account to your ilok.
It might seem a little complicated seeing this long winded explanation but its actually pretty simple.
Once you have the licence on the iLok, you can pretty much use protools on any computer as long as the ilok is connected to that.
yea mate, I have done all those things and of course my iLok key is in the usb port lol. The Issue I have is that I cannot see any licenses on the iLok License Manager so I can't link any licenses I do have to my iLok key
Old 07-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

You entered an invalid iLok User ID. See the private message I sent you. You are not the first by any means to do that, but you'll need to create a valid iLok account before anything else can be done to resolve the problem.

Also, click on the "Avid Support How To Video Series" link at the top of the forum. The first part of the Pro Tools video shows step by step instructions about creating an iLok User ID at www.ilok.com and how to activate your Pro Tools 11 license.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

I can see that the license is now on your iLok, from your correct iLok account.
For help with downloads and installation, see the following:

How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11

and:

Avid Product Activation Video Tutorials

As well as the videos I mentioned before.