Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM

Default 11r eleven rack window gone disappeared missing vanished POOF! (and no midi input)

hey everyone

My 11r gui window is gone, disappeared, missing.

its not in the pulldown menu, tho i see pt loading the plugin during startup.

i tried all the troubleshooting from here, avid, and anything i could think of including deleting all preferences, an uninstall,reinstall/clean install and using all default setups and its still gone.

also, midi does cannot be inputted. pro tools doesnt detect any input from my midi keyboard/controller.

funny thing is:

i tried it on another computer and the 11r gui shows up and the midi input works (on instrument/midi tracks).

what can i do to get my 11r window to show up because editing rig setup via hardware is not gonna happen. also, id like midi to work as well. its not the 11r, usb cable, midi cable, or hardware, its something with the software

running: 11r w/ EXRP, pt le 8.0.5, windows 7, 3gb ram, amd dual processor, etc....

thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Default Re: 11r eleven rack window gone disappeared missing vanished POOF! (and no midi input

Did you re-install the first section of the ERXP?

Maybe try completely deleting everything PT related, then re-install PT8.x then update to 8.0.5, then install the first section of the ERXP.

http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...howing-in.html

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 11r eleven rack window gone disappeared missing vanished POOF! (and no midi input

hi benoni

thanks for the reply. i thought i got ridda everything pt related by selected the third unintall options (uninstall pt and delete preferences, drivers, etc...). and like i said, then i did a fresh reinstall/clean install w/e its called, and then updated to 8.05 and then finally updated the ERXP plugins with the dpm/rsr files. the odd thing is the keyboard does not create any midi response either, yet on the other computer, the 11r window and midi work fine. so something with my laptop is not fully operating. should i delete everything again and try again?

thanks for ur help benoni, ur very generous with your time and knowledge and i appreciate it
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM

So you have already checked the Midi input filter..... hmmm

Did you setup your keyboard in PT?
If you don't know how, just open the PT .pdf and search for MIDI

What kind of keyboard? Is it connected via USB or into the MIDI ports on the 11R?

It may be worth another total re-install.

Update Windows 7 to SP1 if you have not already.

Also make sure you launch Pro Tools with Run As Admin
http://protoolsquicktips.blogspot.co...using-pro.html

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 AM

Hey

The keyboard is a korg pa500ort and its going into the 11r midi in. I *tried* setting up the Keyboard but it didnt work somewhere along the line, so either i did it wrong or my guess is its just not working on this laptop because like i said, on the other computer (which is running XP) WITHOUT setting up the keyboard in midi studio, the midi came in immediately as well as the 11r gui being there with the ERXP updated amps,etc.....also i do have windows 7 sp1 already installed.

i guess ill try to delete everything! im just not reformatting my HD for this cuz i cant afford to do that. Only problem is the windows xp pro tools only has a 2ghz single core processor and 1gb of ram, although im ordering 2gb of ram today because of this. i just liked the ability to be able to move the laptop, if anything else comes to mind, please post,

thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 07:28 AM

tried another install but i deleted and uninstalled everything i could find digidesign/avid related and still no 11r gui. no 11r in pull down drop menu "window", and no rig layout on startup. doesnt make any sense...

also redeleted any and all preferences and databases. messed with the hardware and midi i/o, midi studio, input devices, nothing. everything is said to 11r, from MTC reader and generator to midi devices

on another note, there is an "external" input device in the setup>midi>input devices menu, and i have no idea what that is...maybe thast the problem?