Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: My PT11 downloads have automatically changed to PT12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minus3DB View Post
In a similar boat but with the creative collection, doing a project with this rubbish sounding organ sample and it needs the Db33 on it to give it some life. Will you help me resurrect my organ by sending a creative collection link to me avid?
Hi Minus3DB,
I've created a ticket regarding your concern. You'll receive an Email soon. You can reply to that Email if you have further inquiries or needs further assistance. Thank you!

Best regards,
Tope
Old 06-21-2016, 09:10 AM

I was in the same boat but have now my made the situation worse without thinking. I paid for the PT 11 Student bundle in 2014 and looked at my products today and saw only PT 12.5 updates available.
I wasn't actually aware of the update subscription system. I just assumed that the update must be available and that i had unknowingly paid for the next update from the beginning.
So i updated and when i tried to open PT, it said:
You don't have any licences in your account, to none of the licences there have activations available.
You do not have any pending deliveries for the licence(s) you need to authorise the software.

then it gives a link where i can purchase the update but the exchange rate from Dollar to Rand is far too much and I'm stuck unable to download PT11.
I don't know what to do, I need help!??
Old 06-21-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vana View Post
I was in the same boat but have now my made the situation worse without thinking. I paid for the PT 11 Student bundle in 2014 and looked at my products today and saw only PT 12.5 updates available.
I wasn't actually aware of the update subscription system. I just assumed that the update must be available and that i had unknowingly paid for the next update from the beginning.
So i updated and when i tried to open PT, it said:
You don't have any licences in your account, to none of the licences there have activations available.
You do not have any pending deliveries for the licence(s) you need to authorise the software.

then it gives a link where i can purchase the update but the exchange rate from Dollar to Rand is far too much and I'm stuck unable to download PT11.
I don't know what to do, I need help!??
Uninstall 12.5 and reinstall Pro Tools 11.x. Always keep a local copy of the installer(s), don't rely on Avid to get anything right. You can get quick access to a Pro Tools 11 download by registering for the Pro Tools 11 trial (as long as you have not done that already). Now put copies of that installer somewhere safe.

Roll back to the last working backup you made of your computer before making changes on your system. Not doing backups? Time to get your act together...

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-21-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vana View Post
...I paid for the PT 11 Student bundle in 2014 and looked at my products today and saw only PT 12.5 updates available...
Welcome to the community. I sent you the installers and started a support case to get your account fixed. Sorry for the trouble!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:42 AM

Thanks Avid - very quick reply!
Will download now
Old 06-21-2016, 02:17 PM

Thanks Darryl and Jeffro!
Thought I'd lost the back up but actually hadn't - will definitely be more proactive with backups from now on.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Hi, I was having the same issue with not being able to find my purchased system. I had PT 11 but it does not appear. I never upgraded to PT 12. I tried going into Purchases not downloaded, but it is completely blank. I can't figure any of this out.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnahanguy View Post
Hi, I was having the same issue with not being able to find my purchased system. I had PT 11 but it does not appear. I never upgraded to PT 12. I tried going into Purchases not downloaded, but it is completely blank. I can't figure any of this out.
Welcome to the community. Please check your email for a support case update. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:32 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 & 11 download missing, replaced with 12

Hi,

This seems reasonably common, so I'm hoping an Avid rep can quickly get this fixed up. I need to reinstall PT 11. Logged in to Avid site, navigated to 'My Account', then 'My Products and Subscriptions'. My Pro Tools 11 Bundle licence is listed, but under 'Product Details and Download Links' only Pro Tools 12 downloads are listed, and I don't have a licence for 12.

Last edited by MattyEss; 09-24-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 & 11 download missing, replaced with 12

Check under my products and subscriptions and see. 11.3.1 or .2 should be there. You need to press the dropdown menu under my pruducts. And you alredy have the license on your ilok and don't need to be re-registered.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————