Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM

Default Weird alien crazy incorrect characters display when opening a session - PTLE 8

Hey all,

Has anyone else had this issue with the 003 controller, that when you go to open a large session, every so often the 003 display freaks out? What happens is that the characters in the orange display strip starts garbling up, showing weird alien incorrect characters. When this does happen, even though my session usually loads correctly in my Mac, the 003 controller doesn't function correctly - track names don't appear and the corresponding faders sit at infinity instead of snapping back to recall positions. What usually happens next is the 003 goes offline and stops communicating with the software.

This doesn't happen at all in my smaller one-song PTLE projects, but I have one project in particular (a live CD) that trips up the 003 controller on loading (which may be related to a session file size issue I'm having which I documented in anther thread).

Is anyone else having this problem? Do I have a bad 003 controller? Anyone have any information?

Thanks friends,
Chris
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Weird alien crazy incorrect characters display when opening a session - PTLE 8

Give us more detail about your config. Than describe the session precisely where these things happening.
And first, try some troubleshooting like trashing prefs, etc.
Tamas Dragon