Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM

Default No new Avid guitar products ar NAMM

Bummer.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM

Default Re: No new Avid guitar products ar NAMM

Shame.

I think it's safe to assume 11r is not going to see any bug fixes, nor updates. The team behind it has been pretty much dismantled and open communication on this forum has been broken for the most part. It's becoming pretty obvious that Avid's priorities lie elsewhere.

I had (admittedly silly) high hopes for this NAMM. From the brief discussion of a standalone editor with Chimp to the back and forths between us and Max G about openness and Avid's dedication to 11r, I thought there was a chance Avid would fix the bugs and tighten the nuts and bolts...but no avail.

I don't blame Avid for making the moves they've made. They make their decision based on what's important for the company. However, today's modelers are getting consistant updates from their developers for free. It shows loyalty from the developers to the customers, as opposed to paid updates which require the customers to be the loyal ones.

I'll be soon looking for an alternative solution to my 11r, since my Main Outputs (XLR) have been blown for months. I've been waiting to see if Avid would release anything so I don't have to buy multiple expansion packs. I think we'll soon see what the future holds for 11r and its users.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Bummer.
Yep, pretty much what I expected, "Beautiful friend. This is the end. My only friend, the end. Of our elaborate plans, the end". Not really I'll be using the 11R for a long while to come, but, it sort of sums up what I'm feeling.

A couple of devoted 11R users from the ElevenRackPresets forum were off to NAMM to give the sitters at the Avid booth the old please explain, but, personally I think a game of "roshambo" is in order .

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM

I don't think Avid is done with the Eleven Rack yet. We may just have to wait a bit longer. They are showing off the Eleven Rack at NAMM, regardless if anything new is announced, they are showing it off - so its certainly not dead.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM

honestly, even if they ain't doing nothing more with it....what else can touch it for the money? i haven't heard anything besides the Kemper or Axe-fx that is close. the reality is that we can complain all we want, but the eleven rack works and sounds great....even without another update. they could continue to milk the cow and develop more expansion packs and updates (for a fee), but should they? from a pure money making standpoint, if they didn't make bank like they wanted or expected to on the last update, they have no real incentive to produce more. from a pure business standpoint; when you have something that works well, why mess with it? if you can't make any more money on it, then you can't spare any money to dump into development. that's just life. many people have whined and cried and demanded more from Avid, but what good has it gotten them? nothing. i've heard people say they are selling the eleven rack in favor of one of the big boy processors because they aren't getting the support they would expect from an Axe-fx purchase. Avid probably says "good ridence" to them. you can't make some people happy, no matter what you do. I say "make more music and let Avid surprise you with an update"....if it ever comes.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singtall View Post
honestly, even if they ain't doing nothing more with it....what else can touch it for the money?
Right now, maybe nothing. But tomorrow, maybe anything? With firmware updates even the Zoom G series has the potential to catch up to 11r...and the G3 has gotten more firmware updates in the past year than we've gotten in the past 3!

Nobody here is saying we deserve free stuff from Avid. What we're asking for is completing the product we've already bought (fix the bugs, tighten the nuts and bolts). Having new features on every other update a la Fractal is not the expectation. Nobody is selling their Eleven because they're not getting enough free stuff.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM

You guys are probably right - I've been thinking the same thing, but here's something to consider: NAMM has just started, and any announcements will be scheduled. If there IS an update coming, if it's scheduled to be announced on Saturday, they're not going to tip you off to it early...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 PM

It's posts like this that make me wish the forum had a "Like" button...

Quote:
honestly, even if they ain't doing nothing more with it....what else can touch it for the money? i haven't heard anything besides the Kemper or Axe-fx that is close. the reality is that we can complain all we want, but the eleven rack works and sounds great....even without another update. they could continue to milk the cow and develop more expansion packs and updates (for a fee), but should they? from a pure money making standpoint, if they didn't make bank like they wanted or expected to on the last update, they have no real incentive to produce more. from a pure business standpoint; when you have something that works well, why mess with it? if you can't make any more money on it, then you can't spare any money to dump into development. that's just life. many people have whined and cried and demanded more from Avid, but what good has it gotten them? nothing. i've heard people say they are selling the eleven rack in favor of one of the big boy processors because they aren't getting the support they would expect from an Axe-fx purchase. Avid probably says "good ridence" to them. you can't make some people happy, no matter what you do. I say "make more music and let Avid surprise you with an update"....if it ever comes.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
I agree to this as well. But.....
But I sure could use a STAND ALONE EDITOR. That shouldn't be to much to ask for after all this time IMO.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 AM

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. I'll wait until NAMM is over they might still pull something out of the AVID bag