Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-21-2003, 09:54 AM

Default RTAS mono to stereo-Plugin

Hello.
Any developers or people interested in a TDM system /RTAS mono to stereo plugin?

I remember Little Labs "widget" did this for audio tracks in pre Protools 5.

I know TDM is different than LE (I use both) but maybe there is a creative programmer that could do this?
Maybe it's just not possible or maybe it's already been done and I can't find it. (DUC Search)

OSX.2.6/ PT 6.1TDM
Old 07-21-2003, 10:36 AM

Default Re: RTAS mono to stereo-Plugin

It's a notoriously difficult thing to extract any meaningful stereo information from a mono recording. Waves Gold bundle has PS22-stereomaker, I don't know, it could work sometimes...

-Z
Old 07-21-2003, 11:06 AM

Waves Q10 has some rather good presets for creating pseudo stereo from a mono source.
If you have the Q10, you'll find them in the setup library for the Q10.

Time based plugins, like delay, can also create a stereo image from a mono source, but mono compatibility is more tricky with these.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus:
It's a notoriously difficult thing to extract any meaningful stereo information from a mono recording. Waves Gold bundle has PS22-stereomaker,
-Z
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This and the above are TDM mono-stereo and not available as RTAS plugins.
As far as I know there are no Mono-Stereo RTAS plugins under ProTools TDM unlike Protools LE, hence my original question.
i.e.
For plugins like the PSP lexicon 42 or other ambient RTAS-only plugins on a TDM System, a simple (not created yet?) plugin 1st in the chain to solve this would be nice.(Yes/no)?

For now duplicating the track and putting the two into a stereo audio track is the only way to use a stereo rtas-only plugin on a mono track.
I hope this is a bit clearer.
Thank you.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:09 AM

Oh, it's a limitation of the Digidesign architecture...You can't have mono-to-stereo RTAS plug-ins on TDM systems, sorry...

-Z