Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 01-07-2010, 12:30 AM

Default Bridging the gap.

Hi.

For a long time I`ve been looking for that perfect rehersal set-up for my band. My Home studio set-up is a b**** to bring to rehearsals, and using a fast track + iLook on my macbook means no available USB ports, (And the constant fear of the macbook getting knocked over and my iLok key broken. (Happened once before... with noe iLOK insurance.. cost me 300$ total...)

I`ve tried recording apps on my iPhone but the sound gets distorted to easily, and getting the tunes into anything besides Riffworks T4 was a real hassle.

Enter Pro TOols M-Powered Essential.

For my use, this is perfect.

It doesn`t require me to bring my iLok, is nicer on my old macbook cpu, and the recordigns are ready to go right into protools for dubbing and rerecording. This way we get the dynamic and lively performance from rehersals, and the clarity and no bleed loveliness of dubbing tracks at home through Eleven and Ampeg :)

I for one think PT MP Essential is a great piece of "light" software to give new users a taste of PT, and equally awesome for anyone wanting something like the mbox micro, only with stereo recording features.

My only wish now, is that it`s made available to anyone with a registered LE or FULL M-Powered lisence, and maybe they should include it with other M-Audio hardware as well. In stead of Ableton Live maybee?

Anyway. This was my "satisfied happy Avid customer"- message of the week.

Snarf/Stian
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM