Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-07-2001, 06:45 AM

Default Waiting for the bus... some bussing set-up questions - key control.

Two questions...

1) I know that you can assign all outputs to the same destination by holding the option key down while assigning one track. Is there any way to assign all the members of a single group (i.e., drums) to a single bus without affecting other tracks?

2) When I create a new channel, the output defaults to analog 1/2. Is there any way to have the outputs default to optical 1/2 (where I monitor)?

3) What's the easiest way to get audio output to both the analog 1/2 outs and optical 1/2 outs simultaneously? Can I set a pre-fade send on the master fader to a second master fader?
Old 12-07-2001, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Waiting for the bus... some bussing set-up questions - key control.

That's three question's [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

1) Shift+Option will affect only your grouped tracks (I/O, sends, busses, rec enable, etc.)

2) You can set your default output in the I/O set-ups window.

3) I suppose you could set it up in the PT mixer by using auxes instead of a master fader.
I just route my sessions out through the RME into a stereo channel on my Mackie board, and send the 001's master outs to another channel - you'll need this for reviewing sound files, audio suite preview, etc.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2001, 10:09 AM

Thanks for three answers. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But one more question if you'd indulge... I've got the RME routed to Optical outputs 1/2. I've got all individual channel outputs selected to optical 1/2 as well. Now I'd also like the channels to go to the master outs simultaneously (to utilize the headphone volume adjustment on the 001). What's the easiest way to have all signals at the optical 1/2 outputs and SIMULTANEOUSLY at the analog main outputs? Can this be done without creating a send on all the individual channels?
Old 12-07-2001, 10:42 AM

You can route out to either the 001, or the RME, but not both at the same time. You just need to get a cheap little mixer (Mackie 1202?) to handle both set's of outputs, including your headphone monitoring, and just forget about the 001's volume knob all together. A mixer is also handy for monitoring your Mac's output, and whatever else you want to run through it.