Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Eleven & Logic X

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmegio View Post
last post for now

https://ibb.co/iDxhRF

the volumes are all at 0, could this by why logic isn't getting anything from the 11r? It doesn't seem to let me pull those markers over to the right. I feel like it must be something on the unit itself, or something I did with the computer but I can no longer get just the dry signal to record anymore (like I originally could)
No the volumes there don't affect anything, Audio MIDI setup just is not in control of them/they don't mean anything.

I'll look at your other posts later when I've got some free time.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmegio View Post
I will look into that, now I'm having trouble recreating what I just did to record wet sound. I can't get dry sound through input 1 anymore either.

right now my settings are still input 3 and outputs 1 and 2

now when I record there is a solid red bar, as opposed to showing the sound waves like before. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? I'm about to upload a pic of the face of the 11r in case I hit something by accident. I'm at a loss here

https://ibb.co/inTHtv

https://ibb.co/itxz6F

the 11r is still working as a standalone device, but now logic doesn't seem to be getting anything from the unit

I'm not sure what is going on there, the red region is recording audio. Not rendering the waveform might be due to a simple problem. Once you stop recording do you see the waverform? Can you play it back (try even if you can't see anything)? Can you hear the guitar while recording? (Unfortunately with how Logic Pro X works with the Eleven Rack you may even if things are not working well).

With Logic Pro X not running confirm the Eleven Rack works as a guitar processor.

Try starting with a new empty Logic Pro X session.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I'm not sure what is going on there, the red region is recording audio. Not rendering the waveform might be due to a simple problem. Once you stop recording do you see the waverform? Can you play it back (try even if you can't see anything)? Can you hear the guitar while recording? (Unfortunately with how Logic Pro X works with the Eleven Rack you may even if things are not working well).

With Logic Pro X not running confirm the Eleven Rack works as a guitar processor.

Try starting with a new empty Logic Pro X session.
Thanks for following up!

I try to play it back and it's silent, there's no audio recorded. The waveform isn't visible after recording has stopped either.

The 11r is still functioning as a guitar processor, the only issue seems to be when I try to record.

Are there any screen shots that might help you better understand the issue?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 PM

Turns out I was not checking 'load default patches' under the inputs selection upon starting a new project.

works like a charm now! Thanks so much Darryl!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:24 AM

Somehow when I successfully record, I am unable to repeat the same steps the following day. I woke up today to continue recording only to find that once again I am not getting any signal through to logic.

I tried restarted, I checked the audio preferences to ensure the 11r is selected as the input. I checked all the same options as I did last night, but nothing is getting picked up on logic's end