How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Tracks/Songs - Post 'Em Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexruimy View Post
yeah these sound great, especially the last one. how are you processing the sound after it comes out of 11r?
Hey thanks!
Um, for processing... I normally blend a couple of cabs from the plugin version with the 11R, cab bypassed. I generally like a combination of the 57 off axis and the 121 on axis. I'm fairly certain i did that for every single electric guitar in these songs.

After that I love using the Waves V-Series eq's to add a light upper mid boost for some color.

I then us the Waves SSL E-Channel EQ for some 8k boost.

Then some waves CLA-3A for compression, sort of take off some of the brittleness of distorted guitars so I could make them louder more pleasingly.

All of the tracks and mixbuss had the new beta version of Slate Digital's Virtual Console Collection simulating an SSL 4k console.

I think that's pretty much it.

Ted
Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 AM

So I am a life long tube amp user and have always performed live with tube amps. I usually kept a POD or something along those lines handy in the event that the tube amps took a dive during a show but never used modeling as main sound.
I've owned the 11R since they came out and have used it a ton to record, but never live. I decided in the interest of lightening my load for my cover band gigs that I would put together a live rig with the 11R and a Fractal/Atomic FRFR cab. I have to say after using it once I am blown away! Sounds so good it's not funny.
Basically running from pedalboard into 11R-->Gmaj2--Atomic Cab for stage monitoring and direct to house for mains.
This of course has made load in and setup so easy but the sound I'm getting is right up there with the best I can ever remember getting.
Here is a link to a couple tunes from a recent show. This is a board mix (take it for what it is) and turned to be a pretty good mix. Doesn't sound "fake" or modeled at all-IMHO. The guitar harmonies are from the GMaj2. Some funky delay going on during the solo which added by the sound guy.

Just a couple classic rock tunes, nothing heavy. I'm just really impressed with how the guitar sounds translated. .
So, I guess I found my new live rig!

http://soundcloud.com/scottpsota/sing-me-away
http://soundcloud.com/scottpsota/just-what-i-needed-jbh
Old 02-20-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muudrock View Post
So I am a life long tube amp user and have always performed live with tube amps. I usually kept a POD or something along those lines handy in the event that the tube amps took a dive during a show but never used modeling as main sound.
I've owned the 11R since they came out and have used it a ton to record, but never live. I decided in the interest of lightening my load for my cover band gigs that I would put together a live rig with the 11R and a Fractal/Atomic FRFR cab. I have to say after using it once I am blown away! Sounds so good it's not funny.
Basically running from pedalboard into 11R-->Gmaj2--Atomic Cab for stage monitoring and direct to house for mains.
This of course has made load in and setup so easy but the sound I'm getting is right up there with the best I can ever remember getting.
Here is a link to a couple tunes from a recent show. This is a board mix (take it for what it is) and turned to be a pretty good mix. Doesn't sound "fake" or modeled at all-IMHO. The guitar harmonies are from the GMaj2. Some funky delay going on during the solo which added by the sound guy.

Just a couple classic rock tunes, nothing heavy. I'm just really impressed with how the guitar sounds translated. .
So, I guess I found my new live rig!

http://soundcloud.com/scottpsota/sing-me-away
http://soundcloud.com/scottpsota/just-what-i-needed-jbh
OMG!

This is just great......I love Night Ranger & have seen them live too......

Dude, what's the name of ur band & where do you play at? I'd love to go out & hear a band play this good live.......The solo was very nice.....Neck pickup?

Sounded like a real amp/rig to me...... The Stellar playing didn't hurt either......

This is the BEST LIVE example I've heard yet....The best.....

+1 \m/

Hey....What pedal board R U using? Expression pedal? Thx....

Hey, hey.....What was the amp for the lead on that?....I'm thinking Soldano since that's what Gillis liked back then.....Lol
Old 02-20-2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks (Uda)man! I appreciate it!
The name of the band is Jukebox Heroes. We are in Cleveland, Ohio. We play around northern Ohio.
I used the neck pickup which is a Lace Dually in a Carvin CS4.
I'm using a Voodoo Labs GCP with a Boss expression pedal for volume, wah or controlling things like delay, reverb and modulation mix in either the 11R or the GMaj2 depending on the patch I select. This setup works great. I also use a Morley Bad Horsie II wah for a different wah sound sometimes.
The rig was a patch I uploaded to elevenrackpresets.com called "Harry's Brwn Eye. Its based off my Friedman Marsha amp in Hairy Brown Eye mode. The amp used is the SL100 Crunch (You are right) amp with the Black Op Dist providing some extra drive.

I'm just stoked at how this setup sits in the mix live. I know it sits great in PT recordings, but live , I wasn't sure. After hearing the board mix, I am kinda shocked how good it sounded to me.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muudrock View Post
Thanks (Uda)man! I appreciate it!
The name of the band is Jukebox Heroes. We are in Cleveland, Ohio. We play around northern Ohio.
I used the neck pickup which is a Lace Dually in a Carvin CS4.
I'm using a Voodoo Labs GCP with a Boss expression pedal for volume, wah or controlling things like delay, reverb and modulation mix in either the 11R or the GMaj2 depending on the patch I select. This setup works great. I also use a Morley Bad Horsie II wah for a different wah sound sometimes.
The rig was a patch I uploaded to elevenrackpresets.com called "Harry's Brwn Eye. Its based off my Friedman Marsha amp in Hairy Brown Eye mode. The amp used is the SL100 Crunch (You are right) amp with the Black Op Dist providing some extra drive.

I'm just stoked at how this setup sits in the mix live. I know it sits great in PT recordings, but live , I wasn't sure. After hearing the board mix, I am kinda shocked how good it sounded to me.
Thx for all this great info muudrock.......

YOU are a PRO & definitely know guitar tone (& playing)......I'm a fan now.....

I've got to look into ur hairy brown eye.......Wait.....Stop......That did not sound right at all....Lol.....I need to look into this rig & see how it works w/ my Plaid Samick w/ Blues Saraceno parallel axis PAF type pickups in it...........
Old 02-20-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Thx for all this great info muudrock.......

YOU are a PRO & definitely know guitar tone (& playing)......I'm a fan now.....

I've got to look into ur hairy brown eye.......Wait.....Stop......That did not sound right at all....Lol.....I need to look into this rig & see how it works w/ my Plaid Samick w/ Blues Saraceno parallel axis PAF type pickups in it...........
Thanks man! You are too kind!
Check out the rig, it works great for all my humbucker equipped guitars. It is a cool modded Marshall tone that seems to work well for a lot of music. I really dig the SL100 Crunch model and when you hit the front end with some juice, it really takes on that great Marshall vibe.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:11 PM

New Instrumental.....not an attempt to start a war about single coil vs humbucker....but boy I am loving this tele...all the guitars on here are my '67 tele...song is called "Tele Me the Truth".....

http://soundcloud.com/60strat
Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Strat View Post
New Instrumental.....not an attempt to start a war about single coil vs humbucker....but boy I am loving this tele...all the guitars on here are my '67 tele...song is called "Tele Me the Truth".....

That sounded really great, Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:

HELL yeah, that a great tune 60Strat!
I wouldn't worry about starting a war like that because it's ALL FRIGGIN COOL if you ask me! It's all about the mood and state of mind that your in when you ready ta jam, as to what guitar you grab and go with it!
I personally just LOVE the guitar, and I myself really get into practically every style that there is out there that you can play with 6 or 7 strings!

So anyway, what rig were you using on that tune, cause I see why your "loving that tele"...cause that was SMOKIN!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:

Ok......I'm liking this a lot........

1st off great clean tones.......

2nd off the dirty lead tone & playing is killer.............

3rd off the lick or phase at the 47, 48, 49 second mark gave me chills.....

4th I loved the delay thing at the 58 second mark......Were the FX added after?

5th....You have a gift son......Priceless..........\m/

I love the purity of ur recordings (& the playing).......My goal is to get my recordings to this level of professionalism......I think I've got some good ideas, licks & moments, but I can't seem to get this type of quality......

Dang, there is amazing talent on this forum......Another great PRO 11-R clip......

To think I almost missed this one.....