Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2017, 12:36 AM

Default Issue with Scarlett 2i2

[Resolved] Hi Guy,

Firstly I'd like to apologise if this subject's been covered, I've looked, watched videos, tried all sorts for the past few days and I haven't been successful. So I thought I need an expert's advice.

So in a nutshell input on audio track shows "No Input", when I've set the playback engine, hardware, peripheral, IO etc...

Sorry guys, the images don't seem to want to work, this is the link of all the images I've just uploaded https://imgur.com/a/okoi7

So in a nutshell, use the Aggregated I/O Playback engine, don't bother with Scarlett Solo USB and Arm the god damn track for recording!!!!!

Last edited by JTGrime; 12-06-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Issue with Scarlett 2i2

...wrong title obviously...

The OP did have issues with the Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface, not with the Scarlett 2i2.

According to the images he has posted the Scarlett Solo does not work easily as an audio interface
with Pro Tools as it will not be recognized as one I/O unit but Inputs and Outputs will be listed separately.

This is why the OP had to build an Aggregate device to make it work with Pro Tools.

With the Scarlett 2i2 this is not necessary at all. The Scarlett 2i2 is one of the most easy boxes to connect and
to use with Pro Tools.

It´s just plug n play, no driver has to be installed on Mac and it instantly appears and works as audio engine
in/with Pro Tools.

Therefor, guys, whoever may look for a really affordable yet Pro Tools ready little audio interface, go and get
the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. You won´t find anything better sounding and better working for PT below 300 bucks.

Do the little more of an investment of about 50 to get the 2i2 instead of the Solo if you intend to use Pro Tools.
With other DAWs it may be less important. If you are using Pro Tools the 2i2 will be the much better route to go
finally.

Cheers.