Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-29-2017, 07:15 AM

Default ilok license manager - Pro Tools HD Plan vs Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle

ilok license manager - Pro Tools HD Plan vs Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle

I reinstated my HD for another year and got two deposits in my ilok account:

"Pro Tools HD Plan" AND "Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle"

What's the difference? Why two?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 AM

Default Re: ilok license manager - Pro Tools HD Plan vs Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle

I believe the HD Plan unlocks the pro series plugins and the release versions that comes out during the year of your plan plus extra content and the other is the actual PT bundle so if you stop paying nd let the plan lapse you still have the perpetual license to run PT in perpetuity

I can of course double check this but if you look at that on Avids website you will find the info ... if you make time to roam around that is

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-30-2017, 02:08 AM

Default Re: ilok license manager - Pro Tools HD Plan vs Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle

That makes sense, so I'm renting the bonus plug-ins for the year but I have Pro Tools forever...
Old 11-30-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchase View Post
That makes sense, so I'm renting the bonus plug-ins for the year but I have Pro Tools forever...
Yes. The perpetual license will stay at the latest PT version that was out when your plan lapsed. The plugins are yearly. If lapsed they just stop working.

So the HD Perpetual License on our ilok I guess has to be there if we let our support plans lapse so we can still use the HD Licenses of the PT versions even if there is no updates after stopping paying yearly.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————