Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2017, 04:32 AM

Default HELP! .Dll error

I'm just stumped. I believe my ProTools.dll is corrupted. What should I do about this?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:52 AM

Default Re: HELP! .Dll error

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuck53 View Post
I'm just stumped. I believe my ProTools.dll is corrupted. What should I do about this?
I'm just stumped as well

Other than you seem to be running some form of Windows you give us zero system info. What makes you think your PT install is corrupted? What errors are you getting? What PT version? What Windows version?

When asking for help here there is no such thing as TMI (too much information). So you don't have to put your system info on every post a lot of people put their complete system info on their profile page with a line in their sig file saying to look there for system info.

Absent further info you could uninstall PT, take a trip through the Windows Registry with CCleaner and clean out any remaining bits and bobs and then reinstall PT from a fresh download of the program from your user account.

QAPLA!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:04 AM

ok, apologies! I will try to give as much detail as I can about the error and my system.

I am currently trying install Pro Tools 12. The following is from the Pro Tools Installer Information:

"Error 1308. Source file not found:[ProTools.dll] Verify the file exists and that you can access it."

It gives me 3 options; "Abort, Retry, Ignore"

When I click "retry," it just repops the same error.

I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel i5 72000 @ 2.5 GHZ (4 CPU), ~2.7Ghz, 16384MB RAM, Direct X 12.

I have already tried re-downloading, re-installing, and even re-formatting my machine (I just recently purchased it this Black Friday)
Old 11-29-2017, 05:07 AM

Here is a screenshot of my problem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dllerror.jpg (29.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-29-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
ok, apologies! I will try to give as much detail as I can about the error and my system.

I am currently trying install Pro Tools 12. The following is from the Pro Tools Installer Information:

"Error 1308. Source file not found:[ProTools.dll] Verify the file exists and that you can access it."

It gives me 3 options; "Abort, Retry, Ignore"

When I click "retry," it just repops the same error.

I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel i5 72000 @ 2.5 GHZ (4 CPU), ~2.7Ghz, 16384MB RAM, Direct X 12.

I have already tried re-downloading, re-installing, and even re-formatting my machine (I just recently purchased it this Black Friday)
Quote:
Here is a screenshot of my problem
Are you running as administrator? Running the PT installer from your desktop? Are you letting the PT installer put things where it wants to? Turned off any anti-virus s/w? You shouldn't need it at this point but it might help - do you have the ILM (iLok s/w) installed and your iLok plugged into a working USB port? Regarding that iLok's have been known to have issues with USB3 ports and the usual remedy is to use a USB hub between iLok & computer. Also make sure you turn off the power savings measures for the USB ports in Windows Control Panel.

Sometime in all this you should delete all the bloatware on that machine as anything purchased off the shelf like from Best Buy or elsewheres is going to have WAY more on it (and running/sucking up cpu power) than needed. There's a ton of optimizations that will need to be done for successful usage of PT.

edit for additional:
Do you have the PT license asset on your iLok?

QAPLA!