Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-14-2019, 12:29 AM

Default Upgrade to ProTools 12 not transfered to my iLok Account - Avid?

Hi!

I have an automatic upgrade to ProTools 12 licensed in my Avid Master Account, but it's not in my iLok Account. I've read that some people had the same issue. Please, if there's somebody from Avid's support service, send me a message. I really need to solve this and I understand it is not my fault.

The section "My Products and Subscriptions" shows that I have PT 12.2.1 license, but the "Products Not Yet Downloaded" section is empty. The same in my iLok Account, no references to any PT 12 license or Renewal license...just nothing. Only the old one (PT 10) or a demo or trial that I had in the past.

Please check the images attached

P.D.: it also doesn't allow me to link the duc.avid.com account with my Avid Master Account

Last edited by gabrielaudio; 02-19-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:56 AM

Default Re: My ProTools 12 EDU license is not in my iLok

Open the iLok manager and drag the license from the main display over to your iLok. Make sure you are logged in too for this to work.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:57 AM

Default Re: My ProTools 12 EDU license is not in my iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHollow View Post
Open the iLok manager and drag the license from the main display over to your iLok. Make sure you are logged in too for this to work.
As I said, there is NO license in the whole iLok account (not in the iLok, not in the account, etc...). And the Avid Application Manager says that the PT 12 license is not activated.

I bought a PT 10 EDU years ago and now I want to upgrade it to 12 (it had included several years of free upgrades). My AVID account shows that i have the license of the PT 12 but it's not in my iLok account (I only have the PT 10 license there). Check the screenshots attached in my previous message.

So, I don't know what to do. Waiting to see if some of the Avid guys see my message. At the end this kind of issue is not my fault. I can't understand how a big company like this makes me pay more than 40€ for being able to talk with the support service for a problem that is definitely not my fault.

Thanks anyways
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 14.08.09.jpg (30.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by gabrielaudio; 02-14-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Default Re: My ProTools 12 EDU license is not in my iLok Account - auto-upgrade from PT10

Up!

Still without a solution...Avid are you there?
Ableton Live
Logic Pro X
Old 02-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Default Re: My ProTools 12 EDU license is not in my iLok Account - auto-upgrade from PT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielaudio View Post
Up!

Still without a solution...Avid are you there?
This is a user forum with members helping members and if you need Avid support you need to start a ASC from Avid website or if you are on an active plan from within your Avid account.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-19-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
This is a user forum with members helping members and if you need Avid support you need to start a ASC from Avid website or if you are on an active plan from within your Avid account.

So I have to pay almost 40 € for something that is definitely an Avid's issue...Amazing customer support....

Anyway, I found other topics where users received support from Avid's members.
Ableton Live
Logic Pro X
Old 02-19-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielaudio View Post
So I have to pay almost 40 € for something that is definitely an Avid's issue...Amazing customer support....

Anyway, I found other topics where users received support from Avid's members.

When logged into your account, can you not access the support center and create a new support case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-19-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
When logged into your account, can you not access the support center and create a new support case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, the period of free upgrades or support passed, that's why the last version I have licensed is the PT 12.2.1 (and not the 12.8, etc...). But I understand that it should be automatically added to my iLok even if the period passed, since I have the right to use it. I shouldn't need to do anything regarding it...it's Avid's fault and this kind of support should be for free.
Ableton Live
Logic Pro X
Old 02-19-2019, 09:31 PM

Avid usually provides free help for licensing related questions. Hidden in plain site if you look through their support section or google for it....

http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation#