Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2020

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,837
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
"...so after a year you can skip the renewal and use the perpetual license and reinstate when you want."

No reinstatement anymore, you have to buy a new license. Which is a form of reinstatement I guess, but not as it was originally or how I would understand the term.
That doesn’t apply to HD licenses only vanilla. Reinstatements for Ultimate are still on.

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/upgra...enewals#show-1
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Teej Teej is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 94
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
That doesn’t apply to HD licenses only vanilla. Reinstatements for Ultimate are still on.

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/upgra...enewals#show-1
Sorry I think you've got this wrong...at the link you sent there is no option for reinstatement. Option 1) is to renew an active plan and option 2) is to crossgrade a lapsed plan or HD9+ to a subscription. I thought Avid made it pretty clear last year that reinstatements were axed across the board 2020 onwards. (not casting shade towards you at all! just saying that's what I understood at the time and that's also what appears to be the case right now.)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,837
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Sorry I think you've got this wrong...at the link you sent there is no option for reinstatement. Option 1) is to renew an active plan and option 2) is to crossgrade a lapsed plan or HD9+ to a subscription. I thought Avid made it pretty clear last year that reinstatements were axed across the board 2020 onwards. (not casting shade towards you at all! just saying that's what I understood at the time and that's also what appears to be the case right now.)
I posted the wrong link Sorry but the axe of Renewals is Not affecting HD ultimate licenses. Only non HD as of now. This was pointed out before xmas so I am not posting fake news


It’s reinstatement that I think is going away for non HD but nothing about HD/Ultimate.

Here ya go!

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...l-Avid-Account

https://m.thomann.de/se/avid_pro_too...kaAkkvEALw_wcB
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:28 PM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 641
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I posted the wrong link Sorry but the axe of Renewals is Not affecting HD ultimate licenses. Only non HD as of now. This was pointed out before xmas so I am not posting fake news


It’s reinstatement that I think is going away for non HD but nothing about HD/Ultimate.

Here ya go!

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...l-Avid-Account

https://m.thomann.de/se/avid_pro_too...kaAkkvEALw_wcB
These links don't seem to support your argument. The first link was last updated Jan 7, 2019, almost a year before they stopped selling Reinstatements (Dec 31 2019).

The second link is just for Renewals, not Reinstatements, and specifically says "Note: Cannot be used in conjunction with Avid Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Subscription, older Pro Tools | HD versions or with expired Upgrade and Support plan!@+"


This page is the Reinstatement FAQ page:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...nstatement-faq

And it specifically says that is affects Ultimate.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.27.13 PM.png (27.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Scott Gatteρo
Yessian
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,837
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
These links don't seem to support your argument. The first link was last updated Jan 7, 2019, almost a year before they stopped selling Reinstatements (Dec 31 2019).

The second link is just for Renewals, not Reinstatements, and specifically says "Note: Cannot be used in conjunction with Avid Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Subscription, older Pro Tools | HD versions or with expired Upgrade and Support plan!@+"


This page is the Reinstatement FAQ page:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...nstatement-faq

And it specifically says that is affects Ultimate.

Thats what I said! Not used for subscriptions but we were talking about when OUR LICENSE for sale expire the new owner can Renew our HD license as thats not changed this with HD licences so Whats your problem with my second post with the links?

For EXPIRED LICENSES : https://sxpro.co.uk/avid-1-year-upda...8aAlTwEALw_wcB
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,837
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

You know you can buy a renewal up to 30 days of expiration and our license we sell has a 1 year support plan included and when that expires he can either renew or wait and think a month and renew. Or use the perp license for ever.
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Teej Teej is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 94
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Thats what I said! Not used for subscriptions but we were talking about when OUR LICENSE for sale expire the new owner can either Renew or Reinstate as Avid has not changed this with HD licendes. Whats your problem with my second post with the links?

For EXPIRED LICENSES : https://sxpro.co.uk/avid-1-year-upda...8aAlTwEALw_wcB
The SX Pro link is just old stock...once they sell out there are no new codes being sent out from Avid.

That was also part of Avid's statement last year: there may be reinstatements available after Jan 1st 2020 from 3rd party retailers, but once their stock runs out, that's it...reinstatements are dead. I checked, Thomann.de still has some reinstatements available too, but anyone who wants one should pick it up sooner rather than later...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:44 PM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 641
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Avid is definitely no longer selling reinstatements for perpetual Ultimate licenses. Many resellers, such as Thomann, still have them in stock. But once that stock is gone there will be no more.

As far as your second link, I think there may be a miscommunication. I apologize If I came across as adversarial. If you meant that is a link to a Renewal, then that was correct. And this latest link is for a Reinstatement for perpetual Ultimate license. But as I said, once Thomann runs out of those reinstatements, there will not be a way ti reinstate either a Standard or Ultimate perpetual license, except by crossgrading to a subscription, or buying a new perpetual license.

If the license you are selling has an active support plan, then yes, the buyer can renew it before the grace period runs out. Or, if they let the support plan expire, but buy a reinstatement before stock runs out, then they can reinstate.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.35.09 PM.png (63.2 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Scott Gatteρo
Yessian
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:45 PM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 641
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You know you can buy a renewal up to 30 days of expiration and our license we sell has a 1 year support plan included and when that expires he can either renew or wait and think a month and renew. Or use the perp license for ever.
Agreed. I wasn't trying to cast any doubt on the license you are selling. I just wanted to make clear that Avid discontinuing Reinstatements does indeed apply to Ultimate, as well as Standard.
__________________
Scott Gatteρo
Yessian
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-02-2020, 01:47 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,837
Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
The SX Pro link is just old stock...once they sell out there are no new codes being sent out from Avid.

That was also part of Avid's statement last year: there may be reinstatements available after Jan 1st 2020 from 3rd party retailers, but once their stock runs out, that's it...reinstatements are dead. I checked, Thomann.de still has some reinstatements available too, but anyone who wants one should pick it up sooner rather than later...
I agree I was not clear on the. RENEWAL comment and if I am honest i would Never let a HD license support plan lapse and crossgrade to subscription as that is like giving up the expensive HD license and even if I save $400 on a subscription I still will be without a license when I stop subscribing and no perpetual license to use anymore so people should REALLY read that info on the website before they cross grade a perpetual HD Ultimate license as they are in fact giving up their perpetual version and will have to keep Subscription on as long as they wanna use PT.

I rather keep a HD perpetual license and get a subscription on the side for a second license and not crossgrade and give up my expensive Ultimate license if I was unsure if I would renew after a year.
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac OS vs Ws vs PT Ultimate rcutz Avid S6 3 02-14-2020 11:12 AM
Bought PT Ultimate reinstatement, can't activate Ultimate subbasshead Licensing & Accounts 3 11-29-2019 09:23 PM
Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Update from Komplete Ultimate 8-10 joepopp Buy & Sell 0 09-25-2019 07:16 AM
Vista Ultimate 64 (the ultimate dissapointment) Filmusic 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 5 08-03-2009 04:44 AM
Ultimate PC for 001... DChung 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 9 11-20-2001 04:51 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com