Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-10-2014, 12:42 AM

Default Pro tools 11 locked in windows 7 taskbar

Cant bring up PTs window once its minimized or other programs are on screen. The icon stays locked in the taskbar. Other programs can but protools.
This is a HUGE problem for me. Anyone experienced this or know how to fix?
Thanks.
Using windows7 64
Pro tools 11.1.2
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 11 locked in windows 7 taskbar

Just realized it only does this when I minimize PTs not when other programs are up. So whenever I go to desktop screen.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM

I have had this happen in a 2 monitor setup, when one of the monitors is turned off. When I turned the second monitor on, there was the program that appeared to be locked in the taskbar. But, if you are minimizing it from say, screen #1, it should restore to the same screen. If that's not it, when you minimize PT, go to Task Manager to see that it is indeed still running.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 PM

same problem here
ctrl shift w (close song) brings protools back then just hit cancel and continue working
annoying, but not a showstopper
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
same problem here
ctrl shift w (close song) brings protools back then just hit cancel and continue working
annoying, but not a showstopper
Nope that doesn't work with mine.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post
Nope that doesn't work with mine.
Can you SHIFT+Right Click PT11 in your taskbar and choose Restore, or Maximize or Move?

OR if you have Peek enabled, hover over the PT11 in your Taskbar, when the Peek Window comes up move your cursor or the Peek Window and Right Click and try to Maximize, Move, or Restore.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 AM

New to Protools having bought the Eleven Rack.

I too have a problem where on minimizing to the taskbar, I can't maximize or restore it. I thought the only thing I could do was to close Protools down and open the session again.
I tried the alt-tab selection and I found I have two different versions, one that gives a graphical representation of the application screens and one that shows the icons, if that makes sense. It seems to revert to the icon one if the screen one fails? If I select PT11 using the graphical version, I get the annoying "ding" and it doesn't maximize. Using the icon version, I tab till I get to PT11 icon and it maximises every time.

I guess not a lot of people are having this problem so it has to be something in the settings that affect a few machines?
Old 08-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Bless your blackened little heart! No seriously THANK YOUUUUUU!
ProTools 11, HP Envy was reeeally struggling with this
Cheers
Old 08-09-2014, 06:45 PM

Cant bring up PTs window once its minimized or other programs are on screen.

Why are there "other programs ... on screen"?

When you are running Pro Tools, you should not be running any other programs. If you want to run other programs, shut down Pro Tools.

If you have Pro Tools minimized, and you try to use other programs that produce or play back sound (such as iTunes or YouTube) Pro Tools is probably going to lock up.

I have had this happen in a 2 monitor setup, when one of the monitors is turned off. When I turned the second monitor on, there was the program that appeared to be locked in the taskbar. But, if you are minimizing it from say, screen #1, it should restore to the same screen.

WRONG! If nothing has changed other than turning off a monitor, a minimized window will restore to the monitor it was on when you minimized it, no matter which window you were in when you clicked "Minimize".

Applications typically have no way of knowing which monitors are on or off. So, when you click on the taskbar icon for the "locked" application, the application is restored to the window it was minimized from. But, if you have that monitor turned off, you won't be able to see it...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 09-26-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Minimize PT 11.2.1 = Game over

Anybody have a solution for this? As soon as you minimize PT, there's no way to get it back, you have to force quit.