How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2013, 11:13 PM

Default Superior Drummer not showing up in Pro Tools LE 8.0.4

Superior Drummer not showing up in Pro Tools LE 8.0.4

I installed Superior Drummer 2.0 today and I can't find it in Pro Tools =/ I switched the "VST Folder" to the C:/ProgramFilesx86/commonfiles/digidesign/DAE/Plug-ins" folder like I was supposed to...I also tried to open it as an insert in a stereo instrument track, but it was nowhere to be found. I installed the latest update to Superior Drummer in the downloads section of my Toontrack account...I can't seem to figure it out, so could someone please help me?

(if it's of any relevance at all, I use an Mbox mini and 2 mackie monitors, Windows 7 and a very up to date PC)
Old 12-31-2013, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Superior Drummer not showing up in Pro Tools LE 8.0.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawija1017 View Post
I switched the "VST Folder" to the C:/ProgramFilesx86/commonfiles/digidesign/DAE/Plug-ins" folder like I was supposed to...

Where does it say you're supposed to do this? Pro Tools plugins are not VST plugins so you should not set the VST folder to the Pro Tools plugins folder.

Pro Tools 8 uses RTAS plugins. These plugins are the .dpm file type. If you look in the Pro Tools plugins folder, do you find a dpm version of Superior Drummer?

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-01-2014, 08:54 AM

I read somewhere online that I was supposed to do that, because at first I tried installing Superior Drummer without doing that and I couldn't find it then either. When I look in the plug-ins folder after installing it, all the default plug-ins that Pro Tools came with are either DPM or RSR files, but the superior drummer file that I supposedly sent to that folder is a "Superior Drummer.dll" file. It says it's an application extension. I don't know where I'm supposed to put it to where it becomes RTAS
Old 01-01-2014, 12:47 PM

When you install SD2, it asks you which format you want to install, there's a list you need to select to install, vst, rtas, au etc. Once you have selected those do not change the plugin installation path. You can how ever change where the libraries goes.

So I suggest you uninstall it completely, and run it again, when you see the choices for vst, au, rtas ect. Make sure you select rtas (you can select more than one format at the same time in that screen).

Wave-T.com
Old 01-01-2014, 01:14 PM

I tried reinstalling it and there were no choices of different plugin types...it just says it's a VST and to select the location for it, which the default is apparently my pro-tools plugin folder

I opened the Superior Drummer 64 bit installer.

This was first, Next..

Then, Accept, Next..

And this is what it gives me right before it installs and finishes...
EZdrummer home directory and Superiordrummer home directory, yeah those paths are fine I'm not changing them, but then it just says "VST plug-in" and when i click the dropdown box next to it, my only choice is to add additional subfeatures, but the path seems to default to my pro tools plugins folder...theres no option to change to RTAS or anything...unless there's another folder I'm supposed to send it to, then this seems wrong.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:48 PM

If you are using pt 8, you don't want the 64 bit version anyways, see what happens when you install the one that says "superior drummer installer"

I'm not sure about windows as I use Mac but maybe this non 64 bit installer is there for this reason. 64 bit will be aax, aax came in pro tools 10. You need RTAS...
Old 01-01-2014, 02:32 PM

Ok that actually worked for me...I don't know why i didn't try that in the first place....thanks a lot though guys for trying to help me! I really appreciate it!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 PM

Nice.

I ordered SDX ny vol 2 and SDX c&v yesterday from audiodeluxe can't wait till they get here!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:10 PM

My apologies to Dawija1017. The brain fog this morning left me unable to clearly see your true issue. I'm glad you found more help here and got it sorted. :)

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM

Hah I understand, thanks for helping me!