Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Default MBox 2 drivers

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but after much searching, I've come up with nothing.

My friend bought a used MBox 2 a couple years ago off craigslist. He had it working OK with a PowerMac, but eventually the thing just died. So, I helped him get a new laptop, originally running Vista. He couldn't get his version of Pro Tools (6.something, I think) to work. So he got a version (I think off Craigslist), which is PTLE 8. He couldn't get that to work, either. We then upgraded his laptop to Windows 7.

Basically, he gets a little bit into the installation procedure, and it fails because it can't find drivers for his MBox 2. This should be a simple thing to download off digidesign's website, but I can't find anything for the life of me. Where would I download MBox 2 drivers? It seems like everything should work just fine if the PC could just recognize the device.

I also know he's never updated the MBox 2's firmware, but I don't know if that's an issue.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jon