Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 07:36 AM

Default Recording Midi:Timing problems

When recording midi tracks I've been encountering a timing problem in that the recorded audio appears on the timeline before the actual measure of the midi track, sort of like reverse latency. So unlike midi latency, where the recorded audio is lagged behind in timing, in this case the recorded audio appears BEFORE the correct measure. In this case it's a drum loop MIDI triggering a Yamaha A3000 hardware sampler. I then had to nudge it over and place it in the correct measure after I edited it so that it aligned with the click. Do I have to do this with every track????? There's no way to adjust for positive offset in the MIDI preferences....only negative offset...so it doesn't seem to be a MIDI latency problem. I thought it might have something to do with the way the program is using the CPU. I've got the CPU usage at 65%. I'm not using any audio interface.....just the direct 1/8" audio in on the computer. I've been through the manual and aside from audio latency as a result of digidesign hardware when monitoring audio I can't find anything that relates to this issue. MIDI cables seem to be fine, audio cables too. How can I get my tracks synced if I've got this audio Lag?
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3