Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack & Digidesign Customer Support

yep. I should hope so.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:08 AM

Took me about a week to get respond on my online support case, could have called them but I wanted to try out all different solutions before I called and adressed the problem to the ER.
Mine had the problem with digital/white noise that froze up the ER.

But just about the same time I finished my faultfinding I did get a respond on my online case, from there the Digidesign support was realy easy and friendly.
I think it`s important that everybody who have good experience with the Digidesign support also send in some replies here to balance the view a bit.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 PM

I just had a 3rd Power Amp built for my 11 Rack. Same problem, nothing but humm and no sound.
Thanks for the post, now I know whats wrong.

I gave up with customer support. I wish I could afford an AxeFX!!!
I will fix this myself with my own parts.

Good Luck!!!

--------------
update: please see http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=1769980 - AvidCS

Last edited by AvidCS; 03-22-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: response
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM

I wanted to chime in and say something good about AVID...

I got my eleven rack on 1/28/2010, It had the bad clock issue so no sound at 44.1 or 88.2, They replaced it for me rather quickly, yes i went throught the beaurocratic stuff but They were quick, Efficient, and got me a replacement that works, And i didnt pay anything for it...

The only thing i saw in this thread was:

A complete lack of ability to give the INFORMATION relevant to fixing the issue... DIGISUPT was kind enough to put forth the effort to assist and i didnt see one confirmation number, email address, or anything relevant other bitching and whining about how to fix it... If your part of the problem surely you could never be part of the solution... They aint mind readers guys..

My .02 cents...

P.S. Go praise Cliff at fractal if his support is so superior... I'm certain there has got to be some dissatisfied customers somewhere, there always is.. Its unfortunate that at some point Cliff's personalized level of customer support will be replaced by minimum wage employees that could give a rats ass about the customers they service....

another .01 for you...
Schecter C1 Elite, Schecter C1 E/A, Epiphone Les paul Custom Silverburst, Fender Mexi Strat, Ibanez RG, Damage Control Demonizer, Boss Gt10, Eleven Rack, Carvin TS100 Stereo Tube Power Amp, 2 Fender Roc Pro 1000 Cabs.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz.
OCZ Platinum 4GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Foxconn G45M-S LGA 775 Motherboard
Antec Three Hundred Case
Windows 7 Home Premium
Pro Tools LE 8, Cubase 5.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicracing View Post
I just had a 3rd Power Amp built for my 11 Rack. Same problem, nothing but humm and no sound.
Thanks for the post, now I know whats wrong.
I gave up with customer support. I wish I could afford an AxeFX!!!
I will fix this myself with my own parts.
Good Luck!!!
We checked our database for your DUC email and see that you registered an Eleven Rack in January (what dealer did you purchase from?). We started a support case and sent you some repair info in case you want us to handle it.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

So far the support for the Eleven Rack has been a total NIGHTMARE.

It is totally impossible to get in contact with a real person who has any knowledge about the ELEVEN RACK.

I REALLY WISH I HAD BOUGHT SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD THIS PIECE OF [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] !

When it worked it was wonderful but when you need support you will regret that you ever bought something from Avid

Stay FAR FAR away from anything that got the name AVID written on it !
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM

Yep mine has been permanently racked in my home studio.
Mine first had the clock issue, replaced immediately by Sweetwater. (Great people)
Now, sometimes I need to turn the 11R on 4 times to get any sound at all. I understand the repair could cost $350 from the forums. It's about two years old so I'm a little peeved. I've never had a piece of equipment fail that quickly.
I finally got the upgrade. Absolutely worth the $99.
I just wish I could use it live. It is the perfect tool but alas I can't trust it NOT working.
I'm back to my Flextone III. Never misses a beat. Probably upgrading to an HD-500 or I could just buy another 11R and get another two years out of it.
Maybe an AXE I dunno. It won't be another 11R as much as I luv this thing.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Banned

They (AVID) are very keen on you buying what they call Avid Support Code (ASG) just to be able to get in contact with them.

However if you decide to buy one of these Avid Support Codes you'll soon find out that there isnt any for the Eleven Rack at all.

http://shop.avid.com/store/category....-phone-support

Frank Zappa once made a song called "We're Only in It for the Money"

I guess it was ment for the company called AVID
Old 05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Avid

Post Re: Eleven Rack & Digidesign Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldog View Post
They (AVID) are very keen on you buying what they call Avid Support Code (ASG) just to be able to get in contact with them. However if you decide to buy one of these Avid Support Codes you'll soon find out that there isnt any for the Eleven Rack at all.
Sorry for the confusion. When you register a new Eleven Rack, you get an Avid Support Code (ASC). If you need assisted Tech Support and you don't have an ASC, you can purchase this one (we need to clarify the description to include "LE" type interfaces).
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
Sorry for the confusion. When you register a new Eleven Rack, you get an Avid Support Code (ASC). If you need assisted Tech Support and you don't have an ASC, you can purchase this one (we need to clarify the description to include "LE" type interfaces).
I used to recommend people to buy the Eleven Rack but I stopped when I found out how the support works.

The Eleven Rack is the first and last AVID product I' bought ! EVER !