Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Can\'t record with Ivory Synthogy. Playing ok.

I am a newbie with digital music. I have an Mbox2 Pro, Roland RD700sx, a relatively fast Intel dual core computer with 3 fast drives, one each for the operating system, recording and Ivory playback samples. I have succesfully recorded before audio from the Roland. I got tired of the Roland sound and decided to try Ivory. I got Ivory working fine and enjoyed the new sound! So I tried to record a session and when I record enable the audio track, the Ivory insert gets grayed out and disabled.

I followed the meager instructions that came with Ivory. This is what I did.

1) Created 1 stereo track.
2) Selected Ivory as a multichannel plugin on the insert effect for that track.
3) Created 1 new midi track. Record enabled it. Verified MidiThru was checked in Options.
4) Selected Ivory as the output on the midi track.
5) Loaded an Ivory program and keyset. I played and had fun discovering Ivory.
6) Decided to record. I record enabled the audio track.
7) Record enabled the transport. Hit the space bar to start recording.

No sound. The midi track is recording midi data but nothing is happening in the audio track. That's when I noticed that Ivory gets bypassed (grayed out) when I record enable the audio track. What did I do wrong? Thanks for the help.

Stavros
Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Can\'t record with Ivory Synthogy. Playing ok.

If you are running PTLE 7x Create an instrument track and place Ivory on that. If you are using an earlier version, You will need to create an aux track with Ivory as the plug in and on your midi track use ivory as an out I believe. And record arm your midi track.(It's been a while since I used PTLE 6x)