Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM

Default Foh eq

New to Venue SC48, I was under the impression that the SC48 came bundled with a dual 31 band EQ plug in. I was misinformed. What is everyone using for a system eq.? Plugin? or Hardware?

I would rather just have a nice programmable plugin over the stereo bus with saved presets for each room we visit.

Thanks in advance

BobCat
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Foh eq

Venue sc 48 does not come with31 band eq plug-in. But it does have 24 31 band eq build in. which can be stereo or mono, used on outputs (groups, auxes, matrixs and mains).

serato rane and DUY has 31band eq plug-in's for venue.

I use most of the time's for foh eq, a parametric from digidesign EQ III . And the venue 31 band of eq for monitors. But there are many alternatives like Sonnox oxford eq, or waves q10, Renaissance eq.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM

+1 for the Rane

i have both the parametric and graphic and use them on all my main outputs. i do use the venue's 31 bands on my IEMS and monitors just for ease on the DSP.

you cant go wrong really. either use the free 31 band on the masters...or get yourself a nice aftermarket one. waves does make some nice stuff...and i have all of their eq's but the Rane still is my go-to.

the best thing you can do is demo some. doesnt hurt and only takes a few moments. then you can make your choise based on what works best for you.

Venue SC48
Macbook 13"
HP 2525TX Tablet
Motion Tablet LE1600
Mac Mini 2.6 dual core with 1TB 4gig Ram
Old 01-07-2012, 02:20 AM

I use Lake LM26 all the time, saving all the rooms as individual setup files as I go. It sounds super good and is very useful for all kinds of other stuff as well. Highly recommended.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 AM

Not a "plug in", but you can have a 1/3 octave EQ on any "output", until you reach the limit of your virtual or physical configuration.

I'm working in the stand-alone Venue software, so things might behave a little differently on the desk...

Click on the OUTPUTS tab, then Select the master fader, either left or right on-screen will do. If there is not already a graphic EQ there, click on the GEQ drop down menu. It will allow you to install a pair of linked 1/3 octave graphics.

You can use mouse to grab on-screen faders or use the EQ mode switch on the SC48 fader bank to use input faders as controls.

EQ and many other things can be stored as part of a Snapshot within a Show File and recalled as needed. I suggest you watch the VENUE webinars on these topics, and have some time to practice with the desk to explore how these tools work.

http://www.avid.com/us/resources/webinars

Last edited by Tim McCullcoh; 01-07-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spellin
Old 01-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats View Post
New to Venue SC48, I was under the impression that the SC48 came bundled with a dual 31 band EQ plug in. I was misinformed. What is everyone using for a system eq.? Plugin? or Hardware?

I would rather just have a nice programmable plugin over the stereo bus with saved presets for each room we visit.

Thanks in advance

BobCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCullcoh View Post
Not a "plug in", but you can have a 1/3 octave EQ on any "output", until you reach the limit of your virtual or physical configuration.

I'm working in the stand-alone Venue software, so things might behave a little differently on the desk...

Click on the OUTPUTS tab, then Select the master fader, either left or right on-screen will do. If there is not already a graphic EQ there, click on the GEQ drop down menu. It will allow you to install a pair of linked 1/3 octave graphics.

You can use mouse to grab on-screen faders or use the EQ mode switch on the SC48 fader bank to use input faders as controls.

EQ and many other things can be stored as part of a Snapshot within a Show File and recalled as needed. I suggest you watch the VENUE webinars on these topics, and have some time to practice with the desk to explore how these tools work.

http://www.avid.com/us/resources/webinars
And you can save the EQ settings in the library for each EQ and recall them from the library.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Mostly I used the Galileo for main EQ's...but if that is not available, Serato Rane.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 01-08-2012, 11:56 AM

As a taxpayer, I want my 0.000000037% of the Galileo when you're not using it...

JK...
Old 01-08-2012, 04:36 PM

Heh

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |