Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2020, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Folder Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchase View Post
It works as desired with open folders. But obviously it saves no screen real estate doing this.
Doing post, I have a bunch of tracks I want to be closed 99% of the time. Having to open all folders every time we conform is a pain. And being able to witness how well it works with cut and paste only makes this failing more galling.
Agree completely. What's the point of folders if you have to have them open to do anything?
Old 05-13-2020, 06:19 AM

1) currently when you have some tracks in a folder (say Kick, Snare inside DRUMS folder) and then you IMPORT SESSION AS and you match Kick and Snare tracks from the old to the new pro tools session and you import the DRUMS folder track as a New Track, in the new session Kick and Snare are NOT placed inside the DRUMS folder track.

2) Folder Track assignments should be maintained when you IMPORT SESSION AS... if you can MATCH a track part of a folder and you IMPORT that folder track as a NEW TRACK, the track should be part of the folder

Thanks
Old 05-13-2020, 06:55 AM

Is anyone else finding it annoying moving folders around? For instance, I have a routing folder with a couple of kicks in it and wanted to temporarily move my bass tracks next to it to address some timing issues. I couldn’t seem to find a way to grab a bass track and put it next to the folder. Only options seemed to be to add it to the kick folder or the one just below it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Also, they really really need to make the grabber tool work with the "blocks" shown on closed folder tracks.
+ 1 !
Old 05-13-2020, 06:25 PM

Adding my support for:

1) Keeping current behavior of not changing track routing when dragged into a folder.

2) Adding a key modifier like "Control + Drag" tracks into a folder to CHANGE their routing to that folder

3) Adding a key modifier like "Control + Option + Drag" tracks into a folder to ADD routing to that folder

4) Adding VCA to basic folders

5) Editing with collapsed folders should edit the hidden tracks

6) Independent folder collapse states for edit & mix windows

Last edited by kelsey; 05-13-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Forgot #6
Old 05-14-2020, 02:16 PM

Per the discussion here:
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...=1#post2565657

It would be great to have an option in the import selection dialog to import all new tracks to a new folder and route their outputs through that folder.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:38 AM

I didn't read through all of the comments here yet, but my main needs:

1) Like someone mentioned early on, having a way for new items brought or created in a routing folder to have the folder bus routing automatically would be great. But possibly a preference or a modifier key here, and/or a possibility to manually change routings inside the folder (for example to route to a subpath

2) VCA Folders. Like Basic Folders, but with VCA-like behaviour to the enclosed tracks. Best implementation would be to have a group and it's VCA linking be done automatically when creating the VCA Folder and when moving tracks in to the folder, but have the group be a "normal" group visible in the groups list so one could manually edit the tracks included in it.

- VCA Folders would be most important right now.
Windows 11 23H2, Intel i9-14900KS, MSI PRO Z690-A D4, 64 GB DDR4 4000MHz/CL18, Corsair HX1000, 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0, 5TB M.2 PCIe 3.0, 2TB QVO, 2x6TB WD Black, Noctua NH-D15, Fractal Design Define R6 + RTX4070 - PT Ultimate 2024.3

Used to be/ Spare/ DAPS: Mac Pro 4,1 upgraded to 5,1 3,46Ghz 12 Core, 96GB RAM, OS SSD and Sata3 Audio SSD, macOS Mojave, PT Ultimate 2021.10, DAPS 3.7.1

HDX2, MTRX Studio & DAD MOM, HD I/O 16x16, Apogee AD/DA 16X/X-HD and ICON D-Command ES.

Last edited by Skwaidu; 05-17-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:15 PM

Default Routing Folder Revert

Sorry if this has been posted already (I did a search but no results)

So - currently the S5 doesn't support Folder tracks.

I went ahead and created Routing Folders for my Predubs on the assumption Avid would update the hardware downstream (despite being obsolete) before I found this out.

So - if they have the easy one-click feature of converting busses to Folder Tracks - Is there a similar feature to revert a Routing Folder to a Bus? (not that I can find) If not, I now need to go through the whole process of reverting the Routing Folders to Busses manually. FFS. Sure - it's a first-world problem, but I have a Mix starting tomorrow with clients and support.

It would be a lot easier to have the feature to revert/convert a Routing Folder to a BUS where needed. Please.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:31 AM

I think folder tracks are perfect!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peapodpost View Post
I think folder tracks are perfect!
Phew, that’s a relief.