Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Pops out of synch

I'm suspecting that something is very wrong with the delay compensation feature in 7.1cs9 (not that I don't suspect other versions now) OR that I'm doing something wrong.

I'm making stems (rendered submixes) and a print master of a film I'm working on and the head and tail pops are coming up in different places. I'll put my pops one one dialog track, one SFX track and one music track. These tracks will have various configurations of plug ins on them (Waves, digi). Depending on the amount of hardware buffer I'm using, the pops will be out as much as 3 frames. The shorter the HW buffer, the better the synch.

I can understand if all of my stems were out just a little (processing time), but for them to come up out of synch with each other is another story.

Thanks all - Jim

http://www.berkeleysoundartists.com
Old 09-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pops out of synch

Can you give us a little more info on your system - OS version, computer model, number and type of Digi cards, any attached peripherals, etc?

What format about you making the stems in?

How are you comparing them - as in, how do you know they're off by up to 3 frames?

The more precise you can be in describing the steps you're taking, the easier it will be for us to identify where the problem may lie...