How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-08-2019, 01:31 AM

Default Re: New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Well I don't know whether to laugh or cry.. I bought 5 reinstatements and when i register them will be good to December 2024..
I just hope Avid are around that long!

Anyone with a vanilla perpetual I do recommend thomann before they sell out.
If you bought 5 reinstatements you can skip a year (or more) in between each activation and keep going until December 2029, or longer if you skip a couple years in between. If you bought 5 renewals then I'm sorry to say you didn't have to do that...renewals will continue to be available on Jan 1st, it is reinstatements that are going away.

As far as I'm aware it's only the reinstatements that are on sale, not the renewals. If you bought renewals, there was no point. If you bought reinstatements, you're good to go for a lonnnng time. (or until Avid decides not to honour reinstatements anymore...i can hear it now "you have to use up your reinstatements by December 31st 2020, from January 1st 2021 they will only be valid to trade into a subscription...)

Last edited by Teej; 12-08-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
If you bought 5 reinstatements you can skip a year (or more) in between each activation and keep going until December 2029, or longer if you skip a couple years in between. If you bought 5 renewals then I'm sorry to say you didn't have to do that...renewals will continue to be available on Jan 1st, it is reinstatements that are going away.
Sorry I used bad wording.. I bought 5 support plan renewals for my perpetual license. I have to register them before december every year but I am just going to do all 5 now.. I bought them so why not? Might as well use them. My bad, freudian slip.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Sorry I used bad wording.. I bought 5 support plan renewals for my perpetual license. I have to register them before december every year but I am just going to do all 5 now.. I bought them so why not? Might as well use them. My bad, freudian slip.
Oh gotcha, I didn't know you could register them in a stack like that.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Yes, and you can do the same with the Ultimate version also. I did it last holiday season when they were on sale and I am good till 2021. Just not sure I am going to hang around that long with this company anymore.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 12-08-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
You have to turn off auto renewal each time, then a code paste box appears in your download area of your my products/PT license.

Then auto renewal turns on again and you have to turn it off and paste the next code.

Right now I am till Dec 30th 2023 I think I will save one and see how it goes.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:

What if you skip a year or 2 - would the renewal license still work?

Thanks,

Sparky
Old 12-08-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post

Thanks,

Sparky
Renewal automatically starts from the date the last plan expires. So, no. If you bought 5 renewals, you'd just redeem them all now and it should tell you that you're good for updates for the next 5 years. I would think, for example, that if you let your annual update plan lapse and wait 3 years to redeem a renewal, it'd look at your last update plan and tell you that your renewal expired 2 years ago. lol I suppose an interesting question is, what if you wait only 6 months after expiration? Would Avid give you the remaining 6 months of updates or reject the renewal code altogether being that you're not on an active plan? I think it's irrelevant because if you're buying a renewal, there's no reason to not redeem it at the same time. NOT worth the risk of trying to "reinstate" a renewal. lol
Old 12-08-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
Renewal automatically starts from the date the last plan expires. So, no. If you bought 5 renewals, you'd just redeem them all now and it should tell you that you're good for updates for the next 5 years. I would think, for example, that if you let your annual update plan lapse and wait 3 years to redeem a renewal, it'd look at your last update plan and tell you that your renewal expired 2 years ago. lol I suppose an interesting question is, what if you wait only 6 months after expiration? Would Avid give you the remaining 6 months of updates or reject the renewal code altogether being that you're not on an active plan? I think it's irrelevant because if you're buying a renewal, there's no reason to not redeem it at the same time. NOT worth the risk of trying to "reinstate" a renewal. lol
Thats my guess too as thats how it works now and you would need a reinstatement license purchase. The renewals only works as long as you are on a current plan (non expired)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
This.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
No.

If your update plan is lapsed (not active) you need a reinstantement.