Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-19-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Mbox2.Ptle7 major crashes

Sistem:
Powerbook 15" 1.67Mhz
1,5Gb Ram
Mbox2
Midiman Oxygen 8

Well bought the Mbox 2 last week expecting to see PTLE7 inside, to my surprise i found a copy of PTLE 6.8.1 wich to me is a blñessing as it suposse to be a PTLE edition for Mbox that works also on 001 for what i have read, but of course you want to haqve the newest version also because the changes seamed to be right specially on the Midi end of things
So while i was waiting for my upgrade decided to start working so i used the saved in to later pass the PTLE 6.4 sessions i was working with, before buying my PB i was working on a self made PC runniong on a AMD64@2.2mhz processors wich i must say it works beautifully, my first surprise was to find out the USB problem,PT would not work if i plug the Mbox2 on my right hand side USB port, second surprise was to find that compared to my AMD64 Pc the performance of PTLE on my PB wasent that much better and regarding the capacity of the system to take plugins was even worst.
Problem came when i got the PTLE7 upgrade, dowloaded it, switched airport and bluetooth off and everythiong that made the ssytem run better was done, well triyng to open the PTLE 6.4 converted to a 6.8.1 converted again to 7 became s disaster, it will switch it self off everytime i wastrying to load samples from a CD, when i finally tricked it into taking the samples, as soon as i switched PTLE off it crashed and had to take plugins off so i could barelly work with it, expend the hole night trying things to finallly uninstall PTLE7 to go back to 6.8.2. Big, big, big disapointment Digi people was up?
Plugins i was using included: Battery 2,Minimoog 5, Elektric Piano and Vintage Warmer, and as somebody else said here at the DUC, thefact plugins are not updated would mean that yiou dont benefit from the new features and better performance, it should never set you back to the stone ages....

So please any advice, I really want to use the new features of PTLE7 but I dont trust the program as much i use to trust the older versions.

I can see that people are having problems with PTLE7 but so far no one that actually gets the system shut down by trying to get a CD out of the laptop,so am not sure if its only happening to me or there is more people with this problem, so if there is someone with this problem and know whay its happening and how to solve it please get in contact.
real pitty i was so looking forward