Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 11:07 AM

Default MSRP and monthly costs?

can someone tell me the MSRP and montly costs for this system? i couldnt find it online anywhere. this system seems cool but i am having trouble seeing the huge benifit over ftp outside of the not having to use a UN/PW to get files. the additional security would be nice but i guess my main thing is compatibility and being able to provide access to people who i may work with that do not have a digidelivery (both parties envolved need one right)
Old 06-18-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: MSRP and monthly costs?

Both parties do not need a system. You can have one and create users who can send files to your server. Anyone can receive files they don't even need to have the host details. You simple need to know the receiver's email address, they get an email with links to the Client software (if they don't have it already) they install (Mac or PC) and click on the link to download. You get a confirmation email to say that the file has been downloaded and the file will be removed after a period of time (this is user selectable) and the server space freed up. It is secure as only the recipient gets the download information. It can have an SSL security certificate so that the Major studios will have no problems with the server's security. I have found it so much simpler to use than ftp, files can now be sent from within Pro Tools, there is a reporting feature for Billing clients, and the list goes on. I think it is one of the best things that Digidesign has designed. Check it out very closely. Setup is a breeze, it is administered via a web browser (so you can add users etc from home) and best of all it is a standalone turnkey solution, no need for OS Changes etc. Very very cool
regards
Simon L.
PS I do not get paid by Digidesign.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Avid

Default Re: MSRP and monthly costs?

You would need to ask your local Digi dealer about pricing (I do work for Digidesign), but I can tell you there are no monthly costs with DigiDelivery: You purchase the server, install it on your network, and use it to your heart's content with as many other users as you like.

One caveat: DigiDelviery does require a static external IP address. If you don't already have one, your ISP may charge you an additional monthly fee.