Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-16-2006, 07:35 AM

Default shortcut for multi-track height in 7.1?

i was curious to know if there is a shortcut to adjust track height on a group of selected tracks, i.e. select 3 tracks, hold shift or something when adjusting height of one sets all 3 tracks to same height? i've tried multi combos but no luck, these seems like it should be a feature but i am obviously missing it somewhere...

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 12-16-2006, 09:08 AM

Default Re: shortcut for multi-track height in 7.1?

select the tracks, then hold down shift+option when you change the track height of one of them. You can also select across them with the edit cursor, then press control+up arrow (or down arrow) to change the track heights. The beauty of the second option is that it will maintain the relationship (small goes to medium, medium goes to large, etc) of each track.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:11 AM

I think just "Option" works in changing multiple track sizes at once. Option seems to make everything happen at once (like record enable, mute, solo, bypass, etc.)
Old 12-16-2006, 09:19 AM

That's true. I've given this lecture about a thousand times and here's the jist of it:

When making assignments or adjustments to display/automation status, option = apply to all.

Shift is our selection modifier so it makes sense that if you add shift with option, you will get shift+option = apply to all selected.

To assign a group of tracks to sequential input or output assignments, add the command key.

To assign multiple output paths to single track (or group of tracks), hold down the control key.

That's probably more than the OP wanted to know, but what they heck...
Old 12-16-2006, 10:36 AM

that was it! plus the extra info will help LOADS down the line, thanks! opt alone wouldn't have done it cuz i didn't want to change all, but i do utilize that quite a bit all over the place for all sorts of things. shift-opt was the ticket to ride! thanks for the info

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 12-17-2006, 12:53 PM

sorry - just want to say thanks again, shawn, for answering beyond the question i was asking. i use short cuts all the time as daily basic swiss army survival in PT, but sometimes i overlook the most obvious ones. your simple suggestions i swear has shaved off 10-15% of the time it taking me to get through some heavy mixes i am working on this weekend.