Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 PM

Default DAE -1108 error and what happened as a result

Hey all, I thought that I would post what happened to me this morning while running ProTools, what happened as a result and what I did to fix it in case this happens to anyone here.

This morning I was working on a 5.1 and ProTools froze. Then, all of the meters on all of the tracks turned red and the message came up that I had a DAE -1108 error and the ProTools had to quit.
After ProTools quit I looked at the Folder that I was working on and it was now empty - completely empty. Restarting the system did not (irregardless of how much I wanted it to) bring this work back. I ran DiskWarrior (OS X) on the drive and it came back first with a list of problems with the drive, including a corrupted directory tree. Before I could run the 'replace directory' step, OSX came up saying that I had inserted a drive that could not be read or opened and if I wished to initialize it. Diskwarrior would not let me at this point replace the directory.
I took the drive over to one of our old OS9 Macs that had DiskWarrior on it. I loaded up Diskwarrior first, before mounting the Firewire drive. I then ran the repair function and replaced the directory on the disk.
I ended up getting most of the information from the drive back. The session I was working on was moved to a rescued items folder where the only thing that was missing was the main PT session file and some of the NoNoise files that I had created, but the auto back up function was on and all of those back up files survived.

I am running a G5 dp 2.7 Mac OS 10.4.8
PT v 7.2 (last cs update)
4.5 gig RAM

THis happened to a Seagate 700 gig drive in a OWC Mercury Elite FW case.

I hope that this ends up helping one of you at some point..
Denver, CO