Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Default 9.0.5/Lion crash on startup has nothing to do with plug-ins.

I installed a brand new hard drive, installed Lion on it fresh, installed PT 9.0.5 with no 3rd party plugs. So literally, there's nothing on this hd except what Lion installs and PT 9.0.5. PT still crashes on start up after hanging on the last plug-in.

I figure it's simply that there's something between 9.0.5 and Lion aren't 100% compatible yet. It is still in beta after all.

The only fix I've found is that after crashing, if I restart the computer, Pt then decides to work. But if I close PT and then try to open PT again without a restart, it continues to fail.

I'm on your side Avid, let's get an alpha out soon!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 AM

Default Re: 9.0.5/Lion crash on startup has nothing to do with plug-ins.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. Although I found after a clean reinstall of lion my pro tools worked. They must have upgraded the computer from SL at the factory instead of doing a clean install.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarTone View Post

I'm on your side Avid, let's get an alpha out soon!
FYI, Alpha software is actually the first test version with Beta being a test release. You want the final released version. "Golden Master".

"The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing"

"Release candidate
The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug.
Apple Inc. uses the term "golden master" for its release candidates, and the final golden master is used as the general availability release. Other Greek letters, such as gamma and delta, are sometimes used to indicate versions that are substantially complete, but still undergoing testing, with omega or zenith used to indicate final testing versions that are believed to be relatively bug-free, ready for production.
A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There may still be source code changes to fix defects. There may still be changes to documentation and data files, and to the code for test cases or utilities. New code may be added in a future release."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ase_life_cycle
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 PM

Yep, lol. I want the alpha bc that means we're one step closer to the GM.