Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-13-2016, 10:12 AM

Default macOS Sierra - Compatible Plug-ins & VI's

Attachment 7163

Apples New OS SIERRA will be available on Sept 20th 2016.

Before installing Sierra ..., ALL

- DAW's,
- Plug ins,
- V.I's,
- Plus any other associated Hardware & Software

Must first ; All be declared as being 'Sierra Compatible' by each of those specific Manufacturers and Designers

ie; if we want to AVOID as many bugs, chaotic crashes and frustrating freeze ups as possible .

Here in this thread .., We can add NEWS & INFO regarding SIERRA updated releases from Manufactures & Designers - to help us make informed decisions about 'when & if' we should make the move to SIERRA.

Included below is a link to a Compatibility Checklist / Spreadsheet
Note : This handy Spreadsheet is editable by anyone .
(Spreadsheet was supplied in post #22, by helpful DUC member Marky Goldstein )

LINK : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HXlgLMUZtz32LlqqcmZQ30IjX20pUI0yLp4rjF0q_z0/pubhtml
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 07-18-2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 AM

Default Re: The List : of SIERRA Compatible Plug-ins & V.I's

1st on the OK List is HOFA plug-ins and Products

HOFA are GOOD TO GO with SIERRA.

I got this email confirmation tonight from Hofa ..., ie;

"HOFA Plugins are ready for the new Mac OS
All products by HOFA-Plugins are fit for September 20, when Apple’s new operating system will be released. We tested on the most popular DAWs and can green-light the use of our current versions in Sierra."
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 PM

I haven't found anything as yet that isn't working. The only weird one I have seen is when launching Source Connect standalone. It says that it has crashed, but when you click "continue" it just works as usual.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-15-2016, 01:19 AM

Mini Grand is funky, but otherwise smooth sailing. Obviously we have a problem with HD drivers and such, but basically current PT works much better on Sierra.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Mini Grand is funky, but otherwise smooth sailing. Obviously we have a problem with HD drivers and such, but basically current PT works much better on Sierra.
Does waves, UA, Melodyne, NI, Soundtoys etc work!?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-15-2016, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Does waves, UA, Melodyne, NI, Soundtoys etc work!?
Waves and NI working, not tested Melodyne/SoundToys. And haven't tested the Waves Central, I have auths on USB
Old 09-19-2016, 06:02 PM

PLUG-IN ALLIANCE ,

whose plugins include ..,

- Acme Audio,
- Brainworx,
- Chandler,
- Dangerous Music,
- elysia,
- ENGL,
- Lindell Audio,
- Maag Audio,
- Millennia,
- Noveltech,
- ProAudio DSP,
- SPL,
- Unfiltered Audio,
- Vertigo.

Latest news received is ;

Plugin Alliance :Have recommended until further notice (via customer email) .., That plugin Alliance users DO NOT upgrade their operating Systems to Sierra until further notice ..
Old 09-20-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
PLUG-IN ALLIANCE ,

whose plugins include ..,

- Acme Audio,
- Brainworx,
- Chandler,
- Dangerous Music,
- elysia,
- ENGL,
- Lindell Audio,
- Maag Audio,
- Millennia,
- Noveltech,
- ProAudio DSP,
- SPL,
- Unfiltered Audio,
- Vertigo.

Latest news received is ;

Plugin Alliance :Have recommended until further notice (via customer email) .., That plugin Alliance users DO NOT upgrade their operating Systems to Sierra until further notice ..
The primary problem PA is having is with au format plugins according to the email I got this morning. Nothing specific said about aax but still it would be best to put Sierra as a distant thought at the moment.

QAPLA!
Old 09-20-2016, 07:18 AM

Anyone using CARBON COPY CLONER ? ..., It's Sierra AOK
September 16, 2016

Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.10 — This is a FREE update for CCC 4 license holders

CCC 4.1.10 is officially qualified on macOS Sierra. This update includes non-Sierra-specific changes and is recommended for all CCC 4 users.

Post-update action items for Sierra users:
If you have a backup task that specifies a remote Macintosh, you will have to recreate and reinstall the Authentication Credentials Installer package. See below for additional details.
If you have a backup task that specifies a disk image on a locally-attached hard drive, please restart your system after applying the 4.1.10 update. See below for additional details.
Changed
Tasks listed in the postflight task popup menu are now sorted alphabetically.

Fixed
Fixed an issue in which creating an empty custom filter would cause the Filters window to misbehave.

Changed
Apple relaxed some restrictions on sparsebundle disk images in macOS Sierra. On these systems, CCC now allows creating and mounting sparsebundle disk images on SMB sharepoints.

Fixed
Fixed a logic issue that would cause the "Reset" button to not be displayed when a mounted-disk-image-on-NAS task failed because CCC lacked credentials to mount the underlying NAS volume.

Fixed
Developed a workaround for a bug in macOS Sierra in which the system becomes unresponsive when working with a disk image on a locally-attached hard drive when the disk image was mounted via a background process. If your backup tasks specify a disk image on a locally-attached disk, please restart your system after applying the 4.1.10 update to fully implement the fix. [Apple bug #28320410]

Fixed
Developed a workaround for a bug in macOS Sierra in which FileVault could not be enabled on the destination volume. [Apple bug #28015519]

Changed
To accommodate changes in macOS Sierra, CCC now creates RSA key pairs for use with the Remote Macintosh option. If you create a new Authentication Credentials Installer Package (ACIP) with this version of CCC, CCC will replace an existing DSA-based key pair on the local Mac. As a result, you must (re)install the ACIP on all remote Macs that you currently have configured in your backup tasks.

Changed
Recovery HD tasks are prohibited when running on battery power, but this update adds an exception for USB-C MacBooks. For those systems, CCC will explain why the limitation is usually imposed, that an exception is allowed, and that you should take care to not allow the system to sleep for the duration of the Recovery HD creation task. More details on this change are available in the documentation.

Changed
This update to CCC will migrate CCC's keychain file from the user home folder to a global location. Among other issues, this resolves issues where folks couldn't update the password for a NAS volume associated with a particular task if that task was created while logged in to some other user account. That was an esoteric issue that doesn't seem like it should happen a lot, but the number of reports gave us the impetus to address the matter once and for all.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:27 AM

From NI this morning...

Dear NI user,

After intensive testing and close collaboration with Apple, we’re happy to report full compatibility and highly stable audio performance with all of our current-generation hardware and macOS Sierra.

However, the following discontinued devices will not be supported on macOS Sierra, or future versions of macOS.:

TRAKTOR:

First generations of TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 and TRAKTOR AUDIO 2

And:

TRAKTOR AUDIO 8 DJ
TRAKTOR AUDIO 4 DJ
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 DJ

KOMPLETE:

AUDIO KONTROL 1
GUITAR RIG MOBILE I/O
GUITAR RIG SESSION I/O
RIG KONTROL 2
RIG KONTROL 3
KORE Controller
KORE 2 Controller

MASCHINE hardware (all generations) is not affected.

If you own any of the above devices, we recommend that you continue to use them on your current OSX version. Please understand that since these devices are no longer supported by NI, we cannot guarantee performance or compatibility with macOS Sierra, or future versions of macOS.

To find out more, read this Knowledge Base article.

Best regards from Berlin,

The Native Instruments team
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html