Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 AM

Default Eleven Rack Hardware Question for Techs

Hi Guys, I'm new to Eleven Rack. I just received mine yesterday, brand new in the box with Protools but I have a question that I was hoping to get advice on. I noticed that the guitar input on the front doesn't have a very snug fit. By no means does it just fall out but it comes out with way less resistance compared to the two jacks directly to the left of it (To Amp and Headphones). Usually when a cable fits like this it indicates that the jack has several years of use but my unit is brand new. So the question, is this guitar jack made differently than the other two on the front? I was thinking it's possibly to protect the compontents in case the cable is yanked out? I just wonder if the arm on the back of the jack is bent too far back. Normally this is what provides the resistance and snug fit for jacks of this nature. I would like to look inside the Eleven Rack to see if I could possible push the metal arm forwar but don't want to void the warranty or screw it up. I could live with the fit of the cable in the jack, just my OCD

Any feedback on your units functionality with these jacks would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Hardware Question for Techs

My Guitar Input snaps firmly into place. But unless there is a problem with the signal you are getting, I'd leave it alone. Are you having problems with the input audio?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-26-2015, 02:15 PM

Hi Benoni, so far no issues with the signal. I guess my main concern is that the slightest tug may pull it out onstage or over time it will get worse. I would expect it to snap into place like the other two jacks. It's a big difference between the other two. I just got it so sending it off for repair is not what I wanted to do lol
Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM

Mine is looser than the other two jacks, but would need more that a slight tug to disconnect it.
Since it is brand new, you might want to see if you can get it exchanged for another unit if you think it's going to be a problem.

System Details
Old 01-26-2015, 04:06 PM

Well...as any woman will tell you, sometimes the problem isn't something being too loose, it's a matter of what you're stuffing in there not being big enough to do the job...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-26-2015, 04:46 PM

Oh lord - you had to go there Bill?

Now that you mention it I think mine is the same way, just a bit easier to pull out than the other two
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will just let it play out for now. Maybe I exaggerated just a bit since it didn't feel as tightly secure as the others. Seems like some of you see that a bit as well on your rigs. I'll just see how it goes for a while since it's not causing any harm to the signal. I also plan on running my Boss TU-2 in front of the eleven rack so the majority of the tugs from the chord will be on the input to the tuner. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Oh lord - you had to go there Bill?

Now that you mention it I think mine is the same way, just a bit easier to pull out than the other two
Had to go where?

All I was doing was pointing out that some manufacturers "cheap out" and make the connectors slightly undersized...and that he might try a different cable.

Geez...you are a total perv!
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-26-2015, 09:37 PM

Hahaha sure......
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 AM

could also be a slightly smaller Tip/Sleeve connection on your cable? I have had some 1/4" connectors not be as precisely manufactured and maybe that is also the case. Is it loose for multiple cables? If so, ignore me. lol :)