Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-08-2009, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Comparison of HD, LE and M-Powered?

i didn't realize you were just probing enough to be "the noob enforcer".

I showed you what i was looking for, a feature comparison across the 3 versions in a checkbox format. If it exists, ad I'm missing it, just point me to it (?)

#3 I have to call you on. No, multithreading is in the code. I have a quad-core box and M-Powered is native. Either PT multithreads softsynths and FX or it doesn't.
#5 why not just give an opinion? yes, i'm serious. are the included plugs in m-powered pro-quality?

seriously... at least on most forums if you can't find something yourself and you ask, there's someone "helpful" enough to point you to the right threads. i went back on this particular forum (the m-powered win one) far enough to get to the PT7 stuff without finding answers...

so in summary, you spent a fair amount of time on this thread and the one answer you gave (#3) as wrong.

does anybody else want to be friendlier?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:21 AM

Hmmm, I think this was probably the worst introduction I've seen in a forum yet. A piece of work named Keybeets trying to act as if he knows something the orig poster doesn't...yet he can't quite muster the know how to answer the question. A rather simple question at that.

Good job KB, you just escape boys town?
Let's take a look at these replies you've faked so far:
- Ok, now u just showed us all what we get on all newbs about
- Ok D, 4real 4real, what are u tryin to get?
- Oh; PT is too grown for that kinda stuff

darrena, there is no comparison page, and there never will be (at least as far as I've seen). It's digi's business model that's been around for some time now. There's apparently $ to be made in "separation and limitation" , and that's all I will say on that I'm afraid.

But...What you're getting is a portion of PT (mpwrd/LE) so that you might be able to take/transfer your work to other studios utilizing PT. One that will utilize your maudio hardware.
Essentially, that's about it. I have and enjoy using PT Mpwrd 7.4, ...but compared to Acid it's an app for multitracking audio ...with some smattering features with inst/midi tracks, (though it's not it's strongest feature).

For me PT does NOT replace the needs I have for Vegas (a/v), nor Acid Pro in many situations. I think you'll find utilizing soft synths/samps in composing via Acid and like apps a little smoother and quicker thanks to their UI and support. My guess is once you begin using PT mpwrd you'll find the same (YMMV). PT is still a bit bogged down to be able to handle the same amount of soft synths/samps you may be used to. And when you add omnisphere to the mix... you may need to get yourself a faster system and more ram.

If you're tracking musicians more than OD soft synths/samps I think you'll like PT 7/8 Mpwrd once you take some time to learn it.
Think of it as this, you're getting it as an option for projects that may go out to other studios/engineers using PT (if you feel the need).

There are things I like about PT in the mpwrd offering, and quite a bit that just leaves you sneering "why?". Do yourself a favor and try it out first before buying.
Again, the fact you can utilize your maudio hardware and send out PT sessions may just be the deciding factor - but I wouldn't put much weight in it's midi editing, soft synth/samp capabilities and streamlining.

good luck (and I think the whole forum apologizes for replies like that of keybeet).
Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 AM

Yeah JoJo; U really hit all the Answers didn't u; Digi has no comparison chart; Really? We didn't know that; PT doesn't replace the needs for Vegas, really?.. That really was a question we all wondered; thank u very much for clarifying; Although this was a PT question, good to know that Acid is the Creme de la Crop; Thank u also for lettin us PT users, who don't have any problems @ all, know that the system many of us make a living with, use allday-everyday, is bogged down; that is something we PT users defintely have to look into as seeing we can't add too many synths, omnisphere, etc;(although that hadn't ever been an issue for many of us Amuteurs(to u)on this forum(or maybe just me I'm sure u may think)...

@ the end of the day, U answered what? DUDE, check the forums b4 u try comin in as another newb
& gt info before u try gettin into som1 else's arse bud-deeee; The whole forum apologizes for me, DUDE, READ the rules atop; ITS folk like u that eventually get ripped @ some point or another for not following simple Forum etiquette as in SEARCH for topics &/or read through the forum(ur areas in particular) before starting threads of topics discussed a thousand times over; & it's Keybeeetsss that the (so u think) forum will apologize for... Respect names if ur gonna call somebody out...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 AM

darrena

Found this, but I think some of it is out of date. Perhaps other members can point out what has changed.
http://www.audiomidi.com/assets/7354_ptle-ptmp.pdf

Also, this document might be quite useful, especially if you search for "LE only" and "M-powered only".
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/news/d...P_v8_56290.pdf

Hope this helps.

Richard
Old 03-08-2009, 02:12 PM

Yeah, that's what I said , Acid is the "creme de la crop", PT stinks, and [fill in whatever other garbage KB can frantically vomit up trying to save face]. Good grief.
There are two types of engineers. Those who utilize these tools everyday getting work done, and the those who "talk" about utilizing them everyday. I know exactly which you are KB. Simply put (and in your language): U R Yewsless.

Dareena, your questions are valid. I think as a tracker you will find PT Mpwrd will fit nicely with your setup (and again, open up some compatibility with some other studios). But as for a replacement in regard to tracking soft synth/samps I really think you should try it first.
I highly suggest vst-rtas from fxpansion as well if you do decide to purchase PT mpwrd.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Dude please; I'm not even gonna give u the Joy...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 03-08-2009, 02:27 PM

"Dude"
This forum isn't about you, nor me. You and I are done chatting, and we'll keep it that way.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo99 View Post
"Dude"
This forum isn't about you, nor me. You and I are done chatting, and we'll keep it that way.
Exactly... I was about to unsubscribe this thread & get @ Darrena via email but good we're on the same page...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 03-08-2009, 03:23 PM

For a brief list of features, included plug-ins and options,

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=24&langid=100&

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=28&langid=100&

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=35&langid=100&itemid=4901

Don't know of any comparison charts.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-08-2009, 03:28 PM

Oh my, Tom, how on this Blue Earth did you find these

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY