Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-27-2016, 12:51 PM

Default No Track Bank or Nudge ??

So... Dock arrived 3 days ago & got it hooked up on the network to replace our Artist Control, all went smoothly- Eucon recognizes it no prob/firmware up to date/installed the new AppSet/ etc ...

First thing I noticed was that the Bank & Nudge tracks buttons aren't working... LEDs weren't lighting up either?
In the "Dock Right Edit" section of Eucon (3.4) (where these functions reside) it shows Empty for Both sets of commands under "Bank" & "Nudge" ???

I called Support & they have to "look into it further"...
Tried putting in the KEY command of Opt+PgUp (& PgDn), but no joy...

Anyone else not have their Bank<> or Nudge<> function not working?

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 05-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Avid

Default Re: No Track Bank or Nudge ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by docric View Post
So... Dock arrived 3 days ago & got it hooked up on the network to replace our Artist Control, all went smoothly- Eucon recognizes it no prob/firmware up to date/installed the new AppSet/ etc ...

First thing I noticed was that the Bank & Nudge tracks buttons aren't working... LEDs weren't lighting up either?
In the "Dock Right Edit" section of Eucon (3.4) (where these functions reside) it shows Empty for Both sets of commands under "Bank" & "Nudge" ???

I called Support & they have to "look into it further"...
Tried putting in the KEY command of Opt+PgUp (& PgDn), but no joy...

Anyone else not have their Bank<> or Nudge<> function not working?
Is Pro Tools | Control also running? Dock Bank/Nudge buttons bank Pro Tools | Control. If you have the "App Banks DAW" pref enabled in Pro Tools |Control settings and "Edit/Mix window follows bank selection" enabled in PT Prefs>Mixing>Controllers, PT will follow Dock Bank/Nudge too. Are those all enabled?

Glad to hear setup was smooth!
Berkeley, CA
Old 05-27-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Is Pro Tools | Control also running? Dock Bank/Nudge buttons bank Pro Tools | Control. If you have the "App Banks DAW" pref enabled in Pro Tools |Control settings and "Edit/Mix window follows bank selection" enabled in PT Prefs>Mixing>Controllers, PT will follow Dock Bank/Nudge too. Are those all enabled?

Glad to hear setup was smooth!
Hey Kyle,
Thanks for the quick response, esp. heading into the holiday wkd.

Yes, PT Ctrl is running... All of those prefs on both machines are enabled.
My sig's not up to date, I'm on PT 12.5 HD, iOS 9.3.2

Only "non-approved is that I'm running a 4th gen iPad Retina, but I've been running it w/ Eucon & Artist Ctrl for a year now??

Any other help is much appreciated.

PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-07-2016, 11:34 AM

I'm having the same issue. PT 12.5.0 HD, iOS 9.3.2, EuControl 3.4. Neither Bank or Nudge works. I also have the same prefs enabled. Scratching my head over this one.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankfile View Post
I'm having the same issue. PT 12.5.0 HD, iOS 9.3.2, EuControl 3.4. Neither Bank or Nudge works. I also have the same prefs enabled. Scratching my head over this one.
Hey rankfile,
Thanks for the input... I was beginning to wonder if it was just me?
I've had several contacts with Avid TS & they're still looking into it... We've replaced the original unit, uninstalled/reinstalled Eucon & AppSets, as well as deleted all Prefs (Eucon & PT) ... but still no joy after 2+ weeks.

In addition to the bank/nudge not working, the fixed automation buttons (to the left of the Jog wheel) on our unit are also not working.
We can scroll through automation modes by either
1) using the iPad "Mixer" section, or
2) by repeatedly pressing the Rec/A button to the left of the fader. (we have it defaulted to NOT need the "shift" key engaged)

Interestingly, when we use this method (the Rec/A button), the fixed automation buttons correctly display a lit LED for the mode chosen??? But if you try to choose the automation mode from the fixed buttons, you get nothing (the "off" button remains lit), and then touching the Track on the iPad does not change the auto mode as it's supposed to.

Are you seeing this as well?

PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-07-2016, 02:00 PM

Hey Rick,

My fixed automation buttons work as advertised. I'm just having trouble with the Bank/Nudge buttons.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankfile View Post
Hey Rick,

My fixed automation buttons work as advertised. I'm just having trouble with the Bank/Nudge buttons.
Thanks for the feedback...
Just got off the phone w/Avid TS & we're still stumped re: bank/nudge dysfunction, but at least now they are aware that it's not only my system having the issue.

I gotta' say that Julius & the fella' before him from ATS have been pretty great to work with. I'm definitely encouraged by the excellence of service...

It ends up that the Automation issue was strictly user-error: Instead of Clicking and holding the fixed auto buttons, I was just clicking. Doh!
Amazing what reading the manual for the 4th time teaches me! Ha!

PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-08-2016, 07:58 AM

Yes, clicking on the automation mode and then the track in the Tracks view or the "Sel" on the fader does change the automation mode on a track.

The lights are on for all the automation modes present in the session, which is a little confusing. I would rather see the automation mode for the attentioned track only but this functionality may make more sense with a S3 or Artist mix attached.

www.spoonsound.com

Last edited by spoons; 06-08-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons View Post
The lights are on for all the automation modes present in the session, which is a little confusing. I would rather see the automation mode for the attentioned track only but this functionality may make more sense with a S3 or Artist mix attached.
Ya' know, at first I was agreeing with wanting only the attentioned track's auto indicated, but after mixing a bunch of live tunes today, I really began to appreciate being able to tell when an off-screen track was still in "touch" or "trim".

Overall, there's some great functionality to this little unit... Very seldom did I have to move in front of my screens- I was able to just stay in the sweet spot of my monitors for significantly more time than in the past.
Gotta' love that!

Now, if we can just get Banking & Nudging working...

PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-28-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docric View Post
Ya' know, at first I was agreeing with wanting only the attentioned track's auto indicated, but after mixing a bunch of live tunes today, I really began to appreciate being able to tell when an off-screen track was still in "touch" or "trim".

Overall, there's some great functionality to this little unit... Very seldom did I have to move in front of my screens- I was able to just stay in the sweet spot of my monitors for significantly more time than in the past.
Gotta' love that!

Now, if we can just get Banking & Nudging working...
Any luck with getting those Bank/Nudge keys working Rick?