Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-04-2013, 03:37 PM

Default ProTools disappears when inserting AmpliTube1 or TimewArp

Hi
I recently upgraded to LE 7.4 from 7.3.1. on a Macbook running 10.4.11, using an MBox 2. It's an old system but it has served me well....until now...

When installing either AmpliTube1.xLE.dpm or TimewARP_RTAS_Lite.dpm ProTools has a little think and then just completely vanishes. No error messages or anything. Gone, in the blink of an eye.

Is this a compatibility issue?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Default Re: ProTools disappears when inserting AmpliTube1 or TimewArp

With no other details, it sure would seem that way. Amplitube 1 is pretty ancient. Maybe its time to upgrade to version 2(its up to version 3.x now, but the latest may also not be compatible). Hope you get it sorted as 7.4 was a solid build for an older setup

I started in this business with nothing..........and I have most of it left

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Default Re: ProTools disappears when inserting AmpliTube1 or TimewArp

Thanks Dave, yes I have shied away from updates, both to my OS and plug-ins, thinking that if the system works then why change it. Is there an official Avid word for people like me?

Onto another more serious PT problem I am experiencing at the moment, you may have some insight. Feedback is appreciated.

My iLok stopped functioning a few days ago. It is recognized by my System Profiler, it's light is still on, and it hasn't been subjected to any physical abuse.

But when I open a PT session I cannot authorize Strike, I am told that I need to re-authorize and to continue with the 'Buy' button. But when I do this I receive a PT message saying that a problem has been detected with my dongle and that it must be returned to PACE.

Because I have OS 10.4.11 I cannot run the new iLok management software, and the legacy extensions installer has had no effect on the problem.

Thanks