Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 AM

Default Pro Tools LE installation on Windows 7: PT will not launch

Thanks for your response, spkguitar. Am starting a new thread as requested.

System info for the new laptop is below. Having read a lot of posts on the subject of ProTools and Windows 7, I am trying a new option: dual boot - partitioning the primary hard drive and installing XP SP3 on one partition. We'll see if PT will instal then. What do you think?

Intel Core i3 M350 @2.27Ghz (2 processor cores)
3GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics
1275 MB tot available graphics memory
64MBDedicated graphics memory
Primary Hard disc 236 GB Free
Secondat Hard Disc 500 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit (64 bit capable)
Medion E7214 Laptop

"Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymatter View Post
Is it still worth trying True Image for Windows to move ProTools from a laptop with XP to a new one with Windows 7 (details below)?"

No.
True Image is for backing up/restoring to the same PC.

"Quote:
I've tried re-installing using the original discs and Pro Tools will not launch.

Product Level 3: Mbox 2
Software Version: 8.0.3
PC Model: intel i3
RAM: 3
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit"

We need an extreme amount of "more info" about your system. Would you also kindly post your problem in a new thread? It's easier to diagnose specific problems that way, and the original poster (as well as yourself!) does not get distracted/confused.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE installation on Windows 7: PT will not launch

Since the i3 is the replacement for the old Celeron, I would not count on it working well, of at all.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 AM

I don't know of any successful i3 PT builds, maybe someone can chime in with one if it exists. Going the well-traveled road (i7) would be my advice.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I am trying a new option: dual boot - partitioning the primary hard drive and installing XP SP3 on one partition. We'll see if PT will instal then. What do you think?
I think we still need more info!

Please post a Sandra report as requested in the General Troubleshooting post (you have read that, right? )

I concur with the others; I think you will be blazing a new trail with the i3. It will be interesting how it turns out!

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 PM

My supplier says the i3 is derived from the core 2 duo.

Here's the problem:

I purchased a new laptop according to all the available system requirements on the website (given that they gave 'approved' status to a range of laptops which are mostly no longer available).

We installed XP instead of Windows 7, because Pro Tools would not launch on Windows 7. And of course Avid refuse to acknowledge (let alone answer) any support requests that mention Windows 7.

The installation of XP is EXACTLY the same as on my previous laptop, which worked.

But now I get a 'DAE 1115' error and failure to launch, followed by a succesful launch but with ridiculous distortion and continous clicking.

I have been through everything suggested on the website relating to this error*. I am reluctant to pay the equivalant of the price of another laptop to Avid in telephone support fees, because frankly last time the support people were either incompetant or deliberately jacking up the cost.

People in the business (who know) say to me I have two options: give Pro Tools one last chance with a Mac, or ditch Pro Tools for Sonar (why do people who advocate Macs+Sonar hate Pro Tools so much? I'm beginning to understand). SERIOUSLY - what do you think?

This is one very disgruntled customer at 2am.

*"DAE error -1115 in Pro Tools[325383]"