Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Default Re: Waverider V2 - just tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
How do I send you a session? Contact you?
LEX
Support -at- quietart.co.nz

cheers

Check out WaveRider + Defaulter:
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 07-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Can someone here tell me why Waverider's level writing is a little inaccurate. I am using it in duck mode with a simple sine wave providing the trigger to duck another track. The track already has a set level, 0dB, but Waverider seems to want to start writing at -0.2 db. Also the break point written at the duck point is lower than the nominal level of the fader. In other words, it ramps down to the breakpoint. Is this behavior something someone here has observed?
MacPro 3.5GHz 6 core 64GB RAM OSX 10.14.6, PT 2019.6 HDn, Avid Artist Control, Avid Artist Mix, PT Dock...
Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 PM

OK. RTFM with regard to the -0.2 dB. But it still does not explain the ramp down to duck point.
MacPro 3.5GHz 6 core 64GB RAM OSX 10.14.6, PT 2019.6 HDn, Avid Artist Control, Avid Artist Mix, PT Dock...
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

I don't quite understand your question. Can you email me a screenshot at support -at- quiet art.co.nz?

Also, check out this page for a video about ducking with WR:
http://www.automaticmixing.com/?page_id=198

cheers

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Heads up. Wave Rider is now on sale for $99 for a limited time. (Usually $129)
http://www.automaticmixing.com

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Just downloaded the demo, now trying in different sessions. So far it works amazingly well.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM

I've been trying to get the demo to work and just can't get it. I have a pro control and fader pack. The track I want to ride is track 17. I set waverider in peripherals to control 17-24. When I set waverider to track 17, it controls track 1. I have also disabled the pro control and fader pack completely and rebooted pro tools.

So.... I put my tracks in position 1 (VO) and 2 (music) to try and get it to duck like the demo video. It seems to be working on the VO track ok, but the music track is writing crazy glitchy volume automation. I must have something connected wrong. I can't find any info in the manual or on the web.

Was really wanting this plugin to work.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlybunny View Post
I can't find any info in the manual or on the web.

Was really wanting this plugin to work.
We are in Wave Rider's fifth year of operation. Do yo think it would have sustained this long if it didn't work?
All the info you need to run Wave Rider is in the manual, and/or on our web site. You are obviously doing something not quite right and it's not possible for me to know what this might be.
You'll find from the manual or in the support page that HUI controllers like Wave Rider operate in restrictive ways when used alongside Pro Control, Icon and other HUI controllers. They can only operate the first loaded bank of 8 tracks on these units. So, whatever the track number is, if it is loaded as channel 1 on Pro Control, it is channel 1 on Wave Rider.

If you need help getting up and going send me a screen grab of both WR windows that control your VO and music tracks to support *at* quiet art.co.nz and I will see if I can spot something.
Cheers! And thanks for trying the demo.

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 06-06-2013, 11:42 PM

Didn't we used to call that an AGC? Seriously, I can't find a use for this plug-in. Seems like a complete waste of time. Just set your gain (either clip gain or plug-in) while editing and cleaning up, which you have to do anyway. Quicker, cleaner. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by philip_purcell; 06-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_purcell View Post
Didn't we used to call that an AGC? Seriously, I can't find a use for this plug-in. Seems like a complete waste of time. Just set your gain (either clip gain or plug-in) while editing and cleaning up, which you have to do anyway. Quicker, cleaner. Am I missing something here?
I suppose it is a bit like AGC, except you have full control over it. It's great for making sure dialogue is a nice consistent level, very useful for hitting loudness specs and you always have to gain ride, this just does most of the leg work and you can go back over and tweak anything you like later. Best plug-in I've bought for a while..

Yes, if dialogue is too low, you'd set clip gain, but if you don't want to set one overall level per clip but instead change it throughout, this is very useful.

The fact that the volume automation can now be turned to clip-gain is even better as any work done by WaveRider then comes before any plug-ins, so it can mean you don't have to make compressors work too hard (if you even have to use them at all) meaning a much more transparent sound.