Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Default How to connect artist mix series to studio one 2

Hi

I need help on how to connect artist mix series to studio one 2 producer.

Please advise?

Thank you
Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Default Avid YOU need to provide FREE tech support for YOUR hardware now

Avid!

I need support on my avid artist mix series. YOU need to provide access via phone number for free and support YOUR products now!

I need help on connecting my avid artist mix series to Presonus studio one 2 now.

YOU provide NO info or videos on how to make YOUR product work!

Please advise?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:35 PM

Default Re: How to connect artist mix series to studio one 2

Why not ask Studio One tech support. That's a better bet as they make the software where the changes need to made to work with Artist Mix. Can't expect Avid to know Studio One settings. Or you can use google:

How to connect Avid Artist Series Controls properly to Studio One v2
Old 03-09-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
Why not ask Studio One tech support. That's a better bet as they make the software where the changes need to made to work with Artist Mix. Can't expect Avid to know Studio One settings. Or you can use google:

How to connect Avid Artist Series Controls properly to Studio One v2
Yes I called them today only to be put on hold for 45 min to be told I had to leave email address and they would get back to me.

Haven't had any contact from them yet.

Thank you for this video link you provided. I too also wached this yesterday repeatedly. It's not helping me. He tells us to go to system preferences like the one we have in pro tools. I don't know why in studio one 2 producer I haven't seen any system preferences Which leaves me currently stuck.

I also joined groove3.com they too do not cover connecting artist mix series to studio one.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2015, 09:29 PM

I am pretty sure the Studio One documentation describes how to set up a control surface (HUI or Mackie Control), in this case you are just using HUI so set the Artist surface(s) up to use HUI and follow the Studio One manual. Other than that the video seems to provide a *great* amount of guidance.

The "Systems Settings' is not part of any applciation, its a part of OS X. If the EUCON sys pref panel is not showing up in the OS X Systems Preferences then you have not got the EUCON software correctly installed, simple as that... nothing to do with Studio One. Are you even on OS X? We can't guess. Either case, the documentation should tell you all you need. If you get stick in that then ask say what doc/instructions are following for help at some specific point you are stuck at. (and for Studio One HUI specific questions you are likely better asking Studio One support or on their forums).

Hopefully you know that HUI has more limitations than EUCON, including only 8 bit fader resolution.

If you are really lost with basic stuff it seems you almost need to pay for an instillation tutorial/user help, not really product support. Avid may not be willing to do that for you even if you paid them for phone support.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
Yes I called them today only to be put on hold for 45 min to be told I had to leave email address and they would get back to me.

Haven't had any contact from them yet.

Thank you for this video link you provided. I too also wached this yesterday repeatedly. It's not helping me. He tells us to go to system preferences like the one we have in pro tools. I don't know why in studio one 2 producer I haven't seen any system preferences Which leaves me currently stuck.

I also joined groove3.com they too do not cover connecting artist mix series to studio one.

Thanks
Maybe this will help. Saw this online:

Quote:
It is a Mac OSX issue and not an Presonus issue. You need to set HD/Library/Preferences to have R+W access for your user account, then use the Eucon app in System Preferences to add Studio One - that'll save it there after restart.

Step by Step:

From the finder at the top drop downs click on "Go" hold down the OPT key the menu will now display the hidden "Library Folder". Click on Library. When the Library folder opens Click once on you Preference folder. Click CMD+I or right click and go to "Get Info". at the bottom of the get info window it will show you a list of all the user accounts on your Mac. Make sure to add the user you are using and it should have read & write access. If this does not work just make the "everyone" user read & write. After this is done log off then log back in for the new permissions to take effect. Then repeat my process on setting up your controllers with S1.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
Maybe this will help. Saw this online:
Thank you for this but I have a PC.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I am pretty sure the Studio One documentation describes how to set up a control surface (HUI or Mackie Control), in this case you are just using HUI so set the Artist surface(s) up to use HUI and follow the Studio One manual. Other than that the video seems to provide a *great* amount of guidance.

The "Systems Settings' is not part of any applciation, its a part of OS X. If the EUCON sys pref panel is not showing up in the OS X Systems Preferences then you have not got the EUCON software correctly installed, simple as that... nothing to do with Studio One. Are you even on OS X? We can't guess. Either case, the documentation should tell you all you need. If you get stick in that then ask say what doc/instructions are following for help at some specific point you are stuck at. (and for Studio One HUI specific questions you are likely better asking Studio One support or on their forums).

Hopefully you know that HUI has more limitations than EUCON, including only 8 bit fader resolution.

If you are really lost with basic stuff it seems you almost need to pay for an instillation tutorial/user help, not really product support. Avid may not be willing to do that for you even if you paid them for phone support.
Yes I know HUI is not as good as EUCON. But for my needs I just want to be able to use my faders and pans for mixing. So when I get this working with studio one 2, I'm good...

I'm a bit surprised Presonus has not got on board with EUCON for clients like me.

I've been using artist mix series for over 6 months with pro tools no prob. But thank you.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Thank you for this but I have a PC.
Then you are not looking for a Eucon systems preferences panel are you? You are looking for the Eucon Control Panel where all your Windows control panels live... if it's not there you likely have not installed the Eucon software.

So use that control panel and get the Artist control surface in HUI mode and follow the HUI setup documentation in the Studio One Documentation.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
Yes I know HUI is not as good as EUCON. But for my needs I just want to be able to use my faders and pans for mixing. So when I get this working with studio one 2, I'm good...

I'm a bit surprised Presonus has not got on board with EUCON for clients like me.

I've been using artist mix series for over 6 months with pro tools no prob. But thank you.
Folks complain at Presonus about Eucon support, but I suspect they see Avid as a competitor, and it would not surprise me that at some time Presonus see themselves doing a serious DAW control surface or adding control surface functionality into their live mixers etc. And since Avid won't license Eucontrol to other surface manufacturers then why support it in your own DAW software. Or that at least is my conspiracy theory. That and Eucontol is likely just an engineering mess and customer support nightmare for a vendor for very little return.

This is what I don't understand... If you have been the Artist series OK, then you must have used the Eucon control panel... which seems to be what you are confused about finding to setup up HUI.

When you post problem reports here it helps a lot if you give everybody a clue what your are running on, OS, software versions etc.